Inktober 8th Friend Group

This day they were both late in the office, yet neither of them really cared.

Without having to speak, they had parted their ways, to get dressed properly, to then meet downstairs, not in the atelier already, but, just as every morning, in front of the coffee machine.

Nathalie had arrived there first, standing in front of the automat, waiting for it to heat up, when Gabriel snaked his arms from behind around her waist, making her jump.

"I'm sorry, dear", he hummed and laid his cheek onto hers.

"Relax!", he whispered softly, as he felt her whole body tense immediately, "I won't 'stab' you right here on the counter. That made her giggle and she eased up a little.

"Someone could see us like that, Gabriel", she sighed and tried to slip out of his grasp.

But the designer just shrugged and uttered:

"Honestly, love, I don't care!"

Before she could answer, her phone chimed and she quickly unlocked it to read the message, she just received.

"Oh please no!", she exclaimed.

"What's wrong, Nathalie? Maybe I can help!", he wondered.

The young assistant shook her head.

"It's just a bunch of friends from my school are in town and they keep asking me, to meet up with them tonight!", she explained.

"Friends? From school? Don't you want to see them?", he asked sheepishly.

"That's not it. I just hate being the fifth wheel, as they are all married or at least in a relationship. Last time, we met up, they were taking turns, so I wouldn't be left alone, while the others were dancing. I just felt pathetic!"

Turning her head around to face him, he smiled down at her and cupped her face with one hand.

"Well, this time, you'll make all of them feel pathetic, when you show up with a famous fashion designer, who will dance with you, as long as you like!"

Nathalie stared at Gabriel, shouting out:

"What?"

He smiled even wider and bent down to kiss her soft pink lips one more time. 

"If you'd rather go to meet them alone...", he began to be interrupted by her outburst:

"Oh God, no!"

Now they both broke into a guffaw.

Then Gabriel said:

"Well, as it will somehow be our first date, let's make this official. Nathalie, would you like to go out with me tonight?"

With blushing cheeks she nodded and for the first time found the courage to kiss him, though it was just a short peck on the lips.