66Inktober 27 Moonlight

The scene was a couple on a small boat in the moonlight. They had even built a basin filled with water, so it would look more authentic and the reflections would be real.

As they now stepped into the dinghy, which swayed from one side to the other, Nathalie gulped.

"I am not sure, how long this will work out, Gabriel!", she mumbled, "I am already starting to feel sick from the movements of this thing!"

He gave her a concerned look.

"Well, I'll tell them to hurry then, alright my love? Hey Vincent! We need to rush those pictures on the water a little, because my pregnant woman here is getting sick in that boat!"

"Si, Signore Agreste. We'll make it quick, so you can do the pictures in the café right after that!"

"Thank you!"

Nathalie sighed in relief. Even through the layers of make up, he could tell, that her face had turned pale and she was already fighting the urge to vomit.

"Now switch on the moonlight!", the photographer shouted at his assistant, "the young signora isn't feeling too well and we need to get her out of this dinghy!"

Twenty minutes later, they could finally get out of the small vehicle and back onto the firm ground, Nathalie immediately running towards the nearest bathroom, slamming the door shut behind her.

Gabriel inhaled deeply, then followed her, to wait in front of the door, in case she needed help.

"Are you alright, love?", he called out to her, after the sound of her vomiting had stopped.

As she didn't answer, he turned the handle and opened the door, which luckily wasn't locked.

The young assistant was still kneeling on the floor, her head lying on the now closed lid of the toilet and she was crying.

"Hey!", he said softly and knelt down next to her, laying an arm around her back, while he gently kissed her tears away. "It's okay, no need to cry. It's what happens to pregnant women, they get sick a lot!"

He kept rubbing the small of her back, as he spoke, his cheek lying on hers, so she could feel him close.

"I-I just felt s-s-so b-bad, b-because I ruined th-the p-p-p-photoshoot. I-I...."

She pushed him back and opened the lid to puke again, then groaned and said hoarsely:

"I hope this will be over soon. Not even the moonlight can hide,how shitty I most likely look right now!"

Gabriel laid both arms around her and helped her to her feet, so she could get to the sink to freshen up a little bit. After watching her do that, he kissed her savagely.

"Nothing in the world could make you less beautiful to me, my dear!", he said lovingly into her ear.