Inktober 30th Reverse Lovesquare

Gabriel really could make his fiancee, though they hadn't even told Adrien about their engagement yet, change into something warm and take a walk through the snow covered city with him.

"You know", he said with a teasing grin, "when our child will be born and a few years old, he or she will most likely want to play in the snow too. So we can as well get used to it already!"

Nathalie slapped him right against his chest.

"I like being out in the cold, taking a walk or even doing this!", she then exclaimed and grabbed a handful of snow to throw it right into his face. Then she ran away, making him shout after her:

"Hey, where are you going? Don't even think you can outrun me!"

Nathalie laughed and called back:

"Oh really old man? For so many times, I was chasing after you, now I would like you to chase after me! Remember how ChatNoir always tried to make Ladybug love him, while she was deeply in love with Adrien? I sometimes felt like this. It feels nice, to reverse that love square, though in our case, it was rather a triangle, you wanting Emilie back, while I fell for you a little more every day, and even when you started to feel something, there was still your dead wife in between us. I...oh God Gabriel, I am sorry, I didn't mean to I just felt so hurt sometimes and thinking back, I just...."

He had caught up with her and pulled her taut.

"My sweet darling, you have every right to tell me how blind and stupid I have been. I should have seen, how much I hurt you and shouldn't have let you become Mayura in the first place. I am sorry, you almost died because of me!"

He was bending down now and pecked her lips tenderly.

"I still would have loved to see Ladybug fall for our....I mean for Adrien or rather ChatNoir", she corrected herself with a sheepish smile.

"Don't!", Gabriel hissed, "you've been like a mother to him over all this time, you have no need to feel bad if you call him your son!"

"I-I it's j-j-just....n-n-now you m-made me c-c-cry!", she sobbed while she gave him an accusatory look.

Gabriel giggled and kissed her lips very lightly.

"I am sorry, love, I didn't mean to make you cry, but well, it's just the way I feel!", he then said softly and stroked a strand of hair off of her from the cold reddened cheeks.