Inktober 25th Angst

They had been sitting there, cuddling and enjoying the cool and fresh evening airm when suddenly a thunderstorm arrived out of nowhere as it seemed and in seconds, they were soaked.

The wind was cold as ice and despite the blanket, that Gabriel had wrapped around her, Nathalie was shaking already. He tried to open the hatch, but it didn't move an inch.

"Damn, what's going on?". he yelled, making both Kwamis flinch. The concerned man looked from the closed door to the little creatures and ordered quickly:

"Go and get someone, to let us in. I don't want Nathalie to get sick out here!"

Nooroo and Duusu looked scared as they vanished into the house and tried to make contact with the young guardian, who was with her parents right now.

On top of the roof the couple had crouched down under Marinette's parasol, both now wrapped into the dripping wet blanket, the wind tearing on the ends of it, making their fingers and noses already become numb from the cold.

"I'm scared!", Nathalie said with a trembling voice. "What if I get sick and something happens to the b-b-baby?"

She had started to sob into his chest.

Gabriel was scared too, but he tried his best to comfort her.

"I am sure, they will notice us missing and that it's storming outside very soon. Don't worry, my love, I'll protect the both of you! If I have to wrap you into all of my clothes, I will, that you can be sure of!"

He held her very tightly, trying to shield her as good as he could from the icy air, when eventually the hatch opened and Marinette and Adrien literally jumped put and helped them inside the girl's room. 

While Adrien handed them both a dry blanket each and was already showing them to the bathroom, Marinette quickly picked some clothes from the pile of unique designs, she had sewn and handed them to the couple.

"Here, they probably won't be a perfect fit, but it's the best I can do right now!", she mumbled apologetically as she handed them the outfits.

"Thank you. Marinette, that's really kind from you!", Gabriel uttered, then turned towards Nathalie, "come my dear, let me help you change, you're shaking so much, I can tell, that you're struggling!"

"Th-thank y-y-you, G-Gabriel", she stammered with clattering teeth.

"You can take a warm shower if you like to", Marinette exclaimed through the closed door, "towels are in the little closet next to the sink!"

Gabriel turned the water on and helped Nathalie get under it. They both felt a lot better after the warm water and after putting on the fresh and dry clothes.

The designer examined them with quite some interest, telling the woman in front of him:

"I think, I should spend some time working with my son's girlfriend, she has more talent, than I would have thought. Those", he pointed at what they were wearing, "aren't just really unique and special, but very skillfully  made. And she even found something in my size, that's pretty amazing!"

Nathalie agreed.

"Yeah, you should do that! But for now, I am just glad, that we're safe inside!"