Inktober 6th What if?

There they were, Gabriel lying on his back on the sofa, crosswise, on top of the just picked up cushions, Nathalie right on his chest, their faces almost touching.

He stared up at her, her beautiful turquoise eyes, the red cheeks, the trembling of her lower lip and couldn't help but imagine.

What if he did kiss her?

Nathalie, who had been dreaming about him kissing her for ages now, couldn't move at all.

She just felt, as if she was petrified.

They kept staring into each others eyes, neither of them able to move, when eventually Gabriel lifted one hand up and tenderly cupped his assistants cheek/

"What would you do, if I kissed you right now, Nathalie?", he asked with a husky voice.

She swallowed hard, but replied cockily:

"Why don't you just figure it out?"

They were both slowly closing the last gap between them. Too slow for Gabriel's taste and so he just slid his hand from her face to the back of her neck and pulled her closer.

The very last split of a second, before their lips met, Nathalie took in a shaky breath, while her eyes were fluttering closed.

Gabriel could feel her shivering breaths on the skin of his face, could smell the sweet odour of her skin, could almost taste her beautiful, pink lips.

And then, after what seemed to be an eternity, after those endless months of longing for each other, their lips connected, sending yet another shock into their stomachs, and then, everything went blank, nothing mattered anymore, when he laid his arms around the woman on top of him.

Taking a firm hold of her, he rolled them both onto their sides, one hand still holding her close, the other was tenderly caressing her back.

Nathalie's whole body was shaking by now, but she willingly kissed him back, her hands snaking slowly around his neck, her left combing his from wax hardened hair to then take a firm grasp, as soon as she felt his hand pressing her even tauter to his body.

"Wow", she panted the very moment, they parted their lips.

"Yeah, wow!", he repeated with deeply blushed cheeks.