chapter 33

The general was gone and Le Huan was having dinner with the emperor.

"You don't seem to like my presence"

Le Huan ate a piece of the pork then look at the emperor.

"Aren't you going to eat your imperial majesty" Le Huan said

The emperor was lying down in a lazy position his fist was supporting his face he was watching Le Huan eat.

"I will soon" he said

Le Huan continued eat he won't make because of this weird emperor his meal was disturbed.

"Concubine Na Juan since my personality is bad why don't you help me change" the emperor asked

"I'd highly advise you not to do that" Na Juan said

This caught the emperor off guard didn't he wanted him to change than why his always complaining.

"Why?"

"Favoritism"

"I don't understand"

"Your personality fits the criteria of handling a harem you give to does who praise you you keep everyone on equal footing you make sure they work for their places which make it possible for the lowest concubine to reach to the top keeping a stable harem along with order the ones who are mothers you kept them with the highest power until another consorts becomes with child to stand a chance, another thing is fact that you put test in their path so they can rank up" Le Huan said calmly.

The emperor smiled mischievously

"Yeah and what is that?" The emperor said

"The empress dowger is one of them the fact that none of the consorts could calm down the empress dowger that is why obediently played Xiangqi with me behind every order you lay out was a reward if you where to change your awful personality that the equality between all consorts will shatter" Le Huan explained.

"If I'm not mistaken my concubine are you praising me" the emperor smiled

Na Juan was right on point calming the empress dowger was a test that none of the consorts could figure out are passed right now all he awaits is Na Juan's request and he will reward him.

Le Huan didn't like it but he has to admit the way ancient times work the emperor seems like the most fair dispite being an ass when favoritism is shown in an harem the rest of the consorts suffer, if not for Na Juan's selfish behavior he may would have stand a chance after he was beautiful but was he sharp?.

If the emperor were to change his personality and become a doting husband to him then the justice and balance scale would tip and the harem would suffer in harem it's the emperor's who heavily dotes on one consorts leads to the most suffering and assassination attempts, when you think about this bastard emperor was being both just and fair giving everyone an equal chance to raise within the ranks.

So no he doesn't want the emperor to change if he should the harem would fall into chaos.

"Calling it what you must" Le Huan sips the tea

"So What shall be your reward be my concubine"

"At this point it's hopeless to tell you to stay away from me" Le Huan sighed

"Hmp" the emperor smiled

"So is their anything that can fully suppress the ever growing hormones in a gent" Na Juan asked.

That question surprised the emperor everyone knows that gent has strong drive for lust it's a torment to them now that the emperor thinks about, this place has a strong smell of herbs the first time he came he brushed it off along with second but now that his paying attention why does in this place smell so much of herb he grabbed Le Huan's hand.

"Wha-"

Le Huan was startled when the emperor suddenly dragged his hand over dining table the emperor smelled his wrist which caused him to blushed his heart was beating why the hell was happening what the hell was this weird emperor doing.

"Your imperial majesty" Le Huan said

The emperor looked at him then pause he saw Le Huan's face that was flustered with a clearly upset expression he wanted to tease him some more do he gently pressed his lips on his wrist.