chapter 115

Le Huan brush his nose as he felt something tickled it, it ticked his cheek.

"My love, time to wake up"

Le Huan woke up to see the emperor happily gaze hovering over him with a heated stare, he was between Le Huan's legs with his hands blocking both sides. Le Huan shift his head.

"Do you need something?" Le Huan asked.

"Well, I need my love but I don't think that's what you meant"

The emperor took a lock of his hair then laid a kiss upon it, he smiled smiled softly looking at Na Juan. Le Huan rolled his eyes his words meant nothing to him after all he is an emperor as soon as he loose favor he will go away.

"Your stupidity baffles me" Le Huan said simply turning his face away

The emperor lay beside him.

"Hmm" the emperor hummed then closed his eyes as he hugs Le Huan,

"Your imperial majesty"

"Qiao"

"Hmm?"

"When we are alone address me as 'Qiao' " the emperor said sincerely.

The more closer he became to the emperor the things he didn't want to know he became curious about.

"Could you tell me what's your life was like?" Le Huan asked

The emperor froze then gently flutters his eyes open looking at Le Huan, he didn't ask why he needed to know and just open his mouth.

Qiao was the bastard child born from a lowly maid, that much was known not having any power or family support he was bullied and often starved a lot as a child. A lot of times his mother and him had to throw away their pride's as human beings just to get a stale bread or leftovers sometimes even spoiled food.

The living conditions of his home was rather unpleasant , everyday apart of his home would fall apart and his skin is often cut by the bowl or cup. During winter their suffering was immersable, the biting could with only torn piece of cloth to maintain their warm it's a wonder how they survived.

That was how much the emperor didn't careter for his consorts or children, but everything changed when the emperor suddenly took a small liking to his mother. Was the change good or bad Qiao didn't know to weight it, they were not cold or starving and the cups didn't cut them nor was the roof or board break.

The problem was not with their living state but the people around them, Qiao knows no such things as fatherly love. When Qiao had Qiao had one day mistakenly smeared the clothes of the clothes of the emperor with a small pebble, the emperor grabbed him and beat his hands severely for through pebbles so much he had difficulty touching anything with that had and he had to learn how to use both hands.

When Qiao was looking at the pretty koi fish for the first time since he never really saw them before, he was kicked in the lake by his father almost drowning. His father had watched him begging to be saved and only looked down on him as if entertainment, if his mother not have arrived and saved him he would have drown and so Qiao learned to swim.

As if the bullying from his father wasn't already enough most of his siblings were not kind to him either, if the kite is stolen; he stole it, if the vase is broken: he broke it.

There wasn't any justice in his life until his elder brother, he was kind caring and took care of him and his mother who was weak.

"Gege! Gege! I've caught a bird for you"

"Qiao is kind, here this is a small ball from I was little you should play with it"

"Gege, let's play together"

"Okay Qiao"

The days spent with his brother was like a light in very dark days, soon came along his sister who was very talented she gave him mother clothes and often tells him silly stories.

"And then the man flew off with the little fox fairy off to the fairy realm"

"Jiejie, will I ever find my moonlight"

"Aiya, Qiao is too young to be thinking about that nah do you want to leave Jiejie so quickly" she pouts

"No!, Qiao shall stay and protect muqin and Jiejie!"

Those days, Qiao could only look back at himself he was so young innocent, naive and stupid not to mention weak. Even after enduring so much suffering he didn't bare hatred for no one holding on to the false mindset that it's all that bad.

"When Gege becomes emperor I'll be his guard and protect him"

"Qiao do you not want to be emperor"

"No"

"It's not my place I want to stand by Gege as his sword"

Life was the best when it was them, they were a candle that lights his dark corner until, he met him.

"Why are you crying?"

"Hmp who are you?"

"I'm Zheng Qiao and you are?"

"Wen ying"