•2• sᴛʀᴀɴɢᴇʀs ʙʏ ɴᴀᴛᴜʀᴇ

"Christine How could you" Mina scowled, stomping her foot while Chris continued to spread away from her. Bolting towards the door. "Oh no you don't. Get back here you little bitch" Romina whispered, yanking her by her braids and pulling her closer.

Christine inches towards her clenching her teeth with a surprised look on her face. "H-hey. What's up girly" Romina shook her head. Staring at her. "Christine Nomad. You better figure out a way to get me out of this mess or else"

"Or else what! You work for me." "But I'll see what I can do" she said quickly before walking away sheepishly smiling. Romina turned to face Joseph. "I can't believe she did this. I came here to get away and bury myself in things I love but instead." Mina paused to look up. She saw Winston kissing his now fiancé and soon to be wife. Would've been her. She thought before being taken from her thoughts as Joseph placed a hand on her shoulder. "It may or may not be okay. Who knows, but I do know that you can handle this. You can handle anything Mina. You're like superwoman"

"I hate superwoman. I'm more of a poison ivy gal" She threw her head back as Joseph led her to a seat. "It could be worse. Right?" He said in a polite sweet tone. "I've missed talking to you Joey. Right now it seems like you're the only good thing to come out of this trip from hell." She smiled as he gave her a boyish grin. Adjusting his dark framed glasses and winking "happy to be of service." Joseph said, looking around. Romina's heart dropped almost immediately as Winston began to approach them.

"Romina what the fuck are you doing here" Winston spoke angrily intentionally showing every ounce of resentment in his face.  "Who the fuck are you speaking to." Joseph spoke up. Hardening his face and giving back that same energy.

"This is a private conversation."

"I don't give a fuck. You talk to her with respect."

"Joey. It's fine. Just go I got this. Leave now "she said as he gave her a look that said don't make me leave. Romina made a shooing motion with her hands as he began to slowly walk away. It was kind of scary. She'd never seen him get so roused up. But then again. He's not the same teenager he was. And neither was she.

"Hello Winston." She says gritting her teeth, walking slowly leading him out of the room full of people. He was led outside where no one was. He pushed through the doors with much force before grabbing her arm harshly. "Bitch. Don't you ever put them stank dangly ashy toe grabbing motherfuckers on me again. I meant that" she scoffed poking him in his chest as she grabbed her finger

"Don't play no childish ass games with me. What the fuck you doing here."

"Clearly I'm not here for your ass. I am a business woman. And I have some pockets to dip into that don't belong to me and a wedding to plan. Let's just hope the groom doesn't turn into a pussy at the last minute" Romina rolled her eyes before walking away "oh and Winston" she said walking back as he clenched his jaw. Romina immediately punched him in the nose.

"Don't fuck with me again." She warned before running back inside. Looking for Christine. She managed to find her at a bar. Speaking Japanese to another girl while laughing with her.

"You backstabbing bitch. Why would you put me through this" Romina breathed out nervously as Christine slightly pulled her aside.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean for it to get this far. I thought you wouldn't care"

"Why the fuck wouldn't I care chris? He left me at the altar. Making me look like a dumb ass. And you? Don't get me started on you. Chris, I'm speaking from the bottom of my heart. Get another hotel room. Because right now the way I'm feeling I don't want to be around you." Romina began making her way outside of the venue and signaled the valet for her car to be brought around.

"Allow me to drop you off?"A voice said coming from the shadows as Joseph smiled, making Romina give a slight smile back. "As tempting as that sounds. I think I should head to my room. Straight to my room. No more adventures for tonight"

"Who said I was going to take you somewhere. I have morals, you know" He said jokingly. Nudging Romina playfully as she let out a deep sigh. "With you. There is always an adventure. Until Next time, Mr. Giordano"

"I'll wait a lifetime Ms. Windsor"He said, opening the door for her as she slipped in her g wagon.

9 years ago

"Joseph Giordano put me down!" Mina screamed before she was thrown in the water.

"You're next" Roman smirked, shoving Joseph into the water. He grabbed Josephine's hand and dived in after the two of them. Young Christine and Jade sat under the tree and continued to do not so innocent activities. "Leave room for Jesus you too" Roman yelled before Romina jumped on his head and pulled under the water. He came up shaking the water out of his face before picking her up and tossing her into Joseph's arms.

"Hey. You two back off my girl mina" Josephine said pointing her finger before their heads snapped towards her. She began backing away before Roman dragged her under.

Romina was forced to turn around to face Joseph. "What?" She asked, smiling before he let out a nervous chuckle shaking his head.

"What? I didn't say anything." He laughed before letting her go. "You're so cute when you're nervous" She smiled, taking her hands from the water and placing them around his neck. His cheeks reddened as he rolled his eyes. "And you're cute when you're drowning" He smiled, making her eyes widen as she tried to run but was held on too tightly by his grip.

Just as he was about to toss Mina into the cold water. Her parents along with his walked up. The laughter immediately began to slow down . Moira and Joe, his mother and father gave them a sad smile, waving slightly. Ryder and Gigi's faces however told no story except bitterness. "Let's go. We have work to do" They said as everyone got out of the water.

Joseph could tell by their cold demeanor, that this would be a long day. Romina's entire mood changed. Something Joseph never did like. She changed whenever her parents came around. She became a different person. Something no one would ever want to cross paths with. Not even on her best day.

Roman joined his sister as they began to walk like soldiers in the presence of their parents. Joseph, Jade, and Josephine followed theirs as Christine made her way to the computer and began to read details.

"Playing around in the water is for children. Its' time to grow up and stop being so immature" Her mother spoke to them, almost scowling at them. As they sat there. With no emotion. Like robots. "Father. If I may." Roman cleared his throat. Taking the gun from his hands and loading it before placing it on the table as weapons were sorted out.

After about 30 minutes of everyone's duties being assigned. Roman and Romina sat in the car besides Joseph with his sisters in the back. Moria drove the car as the others watched from the compound. Romina held her breath. Trying to keep her emotions at bay. Knowing that if she showed even an ounce of weakness it would be like hell for her. Composure was key. At least that's what she thought. She held her hands so tight you could begin to see nail prints on her skin. Joseph immediately noticed. His hand slowly made its way to hers. As soon as he touched hers. Her body stiffened. Before becoming more relaxed as they held each other's pinkies in the back.

"You look beautiful by the way" He whispered keeping his head straight before slightly turning to steal a smile off of her face. She rolled her eyes as he gave her a silly grin. "You look very handsome as well" She mumbled back, clearing her throat before looking out of the window.

"I know you love me" He whispered, leaning into his seat trying not to stare at her.

His mina.

Her Joey.