•8• sʜᴏᴡ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛᴇʟʟ

•Joseph•

I sat in the chair with my hands fiddling with my watch. Listening to my parents lecture the three of us like little children. Christine sat with her arms folded, scowling at the two of us. While Romina, she began to breathe heavily. I noticed and tried to hold her hand but she immediately pulled away. I could see the emotions on her face. She went from worried, to nervous, and then to aggravation. I knew when she got like this it was best to leave her be.

It took my parents a minute before they realized her demeanor was changing. "Our apologies Mina. We apologize for approaching you three in a rude manner." My mother paused to look at my father then at Christine. "We love you and recognize your feelings and do not invalidate them. If you would like anything to say we would be more than willing to listen" My dad says as Romina clenches her chest before standing up. "I would like to be alone" she says leaving the room and heading down the hall and up the stairs.

I stand up and look at my parents. "She's gonna be ok. Don't worry I'll look after her." I assured them. Walking into the dining room as Christine joined me. "I will have her doctor on the phone. It's best to let her chill for a few minutes, then do something with her. But don't pressure too much" Christine says as I roll my eyes "Don't you think I know that." I grit my teeth feeling guilty of my absence all these years. It's been a while since I've seen her like this. Not since that night.

"No Joey. I think you know that more than anyone." She whispers in a quiver. Christine looks around the room and gives a slight smile before picking up her phone. "Excuse me." She says to everyone before leaving.

"This isn't good son. What are you going to do. You have to think of something otherwise things will start to go downhill. And fast." My father said as I nodded my head. Trying to think of a solution.

"We need a way to spin this in the public. And underground. Lewis, I need you to call Darryl, my sister Josephine and get me the location of Cassandra Gomez."

My mother gasps and chuckles at the name that leaves my mouth. "I'm sorry dear, but what does Gomez have to do with this? Especially one such as herself."she asks, raising her eyebrows as I smile and turn to look out the window.

"Let's just say, she owes Romina and I a small favor."

"Time to take a trip down memory lane"I narrowed my eyes at the people standing outside taking photos. Who better to throw a party than Cassandra.

Flashback 11 years ago

"All right ladies." Cassandra unzips her fanny pack and throws the cash and coke on the table. " I got 2000 on Bruce from the Russians." "Anyone wanna make a bet on Tony" Cassandra smiles looking at the four girls in a circle.

Romina rolls her eyes still leaning on the wooden beam before hopping down.

"How about 500 on Joey." She grins holding a wad of cash in her hand. Cassandra rolls her eyes and steps forward. As her girls pull out knives pouting at Romina. "Back off puttana this is not a game you want to play."

"Oh but it is." Romina steps closer to them, throwing the cash on the table. Twisting the strand of hair she left out from her slick back. "I would offer myself as a participant in the rink, but I find that it is no place for a lady such as myself. 10,000 on Joey take it or leave it right now." Romina smiles looking at her in her eyes. Cassandra ran her hands through her shoulder length fiery red hair before looking at romina.

The two stood head to head. Staring at each other. Waiting for the other to make a move.

Pakson Boarding school. A school for gifted children. At least that's what they'd like outside people to believe. This school fits more along the lines of a place for children of the mafia's who's parents want nothing to do with them. You could look around and see the kids mingle during the day, fighting and learning everything they need to take over the familia business one day.

But when it came down to Skware Fair night, you wouldn't dare go to another group's territory. It was practically a suicide mission. Yet here Romina stood. In the Spanish den of horrors. Placing a bet against two of their most undefeated fighters.

"What does a bitch like you want with a bitch like me." Cassandra narrowed her eyes before signaling the girls to set their weapons down. She sits in the chair and raises her feet up "What game are you playing at Windsor." She says as another girl, Liliana decides to give her input,"More importantly How the fuck did you get Joseph to agree to this willingly. That loser would rather stay in a science lab than go to a party" she says as Romina looks at her

If looks could kill

Ignoring the annoying voice of liliana, Romina lets out a deep sigh "Good question Garcia. But it's not the important one, you see. I believe that will power has the means to do anything. It's what you do with it that matters"

Romina looked around at the girls and made a slight wave with her fingers. "If my partner wins. I want a favor from you" she points at Cassandra

"Bullshit, nothing with you Italians is ever for free. What the fuck do you want with us Spanish people."

"A simple favor. That is when the time is necessary for me to claim it "
"And if I win?"

"You keep the money, and I owe you one." Cassandra looks at her with skeptic eyes. Narrowing slits before looking at her friend and giving her a nod.

"Fine. But what's a guy like Moretti going to do in a rink with my guy."

"I guess we'll have to see won't we?" Romina winked, blowing kisses at them before swiping a bottle of vodka off the shelf.

"Oh and Gianna, you talk about him like that again. And I'll have your tongue sewn into your eyelids

Romina placed a mouth guard In Joseph's mouth. He looked at her like he was terrified. "Don't worry Joey. Just try not to die." Romina said to him, trying to hype him up. Now the thing about this entire thing is, they both knew Joseph couldn't fight to save his life. His 17 year old, tall thin build against a 200 pound 18 year old was suicide. But lucky for him. He valued science above all.

Romina came up with a plan for a quick alliance. Joseph however made the plan go into action.

Roman went up to Romina with his leather man jacket on and sunshades on his head. "You sure this thing will work." He asks her as she looks at the rink emotionless. "No. But that's what makes this fun. Don't you think so?"

"Playing with our parents associates sons life? No, I don't think it's fun. Especially when you know that boy is in love with you and would jump off a cliff if you asked him to." He seethed, feeling anger towards his sister. Romina could truly care less about the words flowing out of her brother's mouth. She felt no desire to partake in a conversation she would forget later.

"Did you take your medicine today?"he asked in a softer tone, placing his hand on her face as she pulled away abruptly. Romina scoffed, looking away for a split second before returning back to his gaze. "I don't know Roman. Did you eat today? Or did you chuck it up in the toilet again"she said with spite, holding up two fingers pointing it to her mouth then flipping him off. Storming to the other side of the room and watching the fight.

"You better not get hurt Giordano"she muttered to herself. Staring at the wall, not looking but listening closely to the fight.