•5• ᴡᴀsʜɪɴɢ ᴍᴀᴄʜɪɴᴇ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ

Romina stood at the bottom of the stage blowing up balloons with Chris. Romina sighed at her long face expression" You look nice" Mina muttered in an attempt to break the ice making Christine gasp letting go of the balloon and hoping down to hug her. " Oh my gosh. I've missed you so much. I've been dying to talk to you!" "You talked to me yesterday"

"You being a bitch to me doesn't count. But anyways" she waved off the topic. Romina stood up and brushed a curl behind her ear before twisting it with her finger. "What's going on?" Chris asked her as Mina rolled her eyes, handing the balloon to someone else and directing them what to do before scurrying away. "You're nervous. Romina Windsor never gets nervous. So spill."

"Okay. I was bored without you and I had nothing else to do so I thought why not check up on an old friend. Well I also invited him to come to today as my date"

"First of all you two anything but old friends. There's enough sexual tension between the both of you to last me until I'm 70. Just let me know when you tap that because I've been dying to know how Mr. Joey Parker is in bed."

"Ew. That's gross. And not that it would ever happen but why would I tell you. You should be appalled at the thought of two straight people getting it on"

"Oh I am. But it's you and Joey. I have to know. Who's freakier. My bet is. He calls girls mommy"

"Chris!" Romina yelled walking away immediately as Chris ran behind her. It's a good thing Romina wasn't as pale as an eggshell. Otherwise Chris would be able to see the heated and embarrassing red cheeks.

"I am done talking about this with you" Romina whispered to where only she could hear it as Christine shrugged her shoulders. "Fine." She said, closing her mouth. But Romina could tell she wanted to say more. She just held back.

Christine opened her mouth to speak but Romina shot her a glare. "If looks could kill I'd be dead hoe" Chris rolled her eyes before walking off towards the other side of the room. Smoothing out her Cheongsam dress.

Romina rubbed her sweaty hands on a napkin. She anxiously looked around the room to make sure everything was in order. She mentally began to check things off her list before finally putting her mind to rest. She turned around and went to the bar. "No hard drinks tonight. We don't want any drunks" She told the bartender, turning around to make her way back to Chris but bumped into someone. "Sorry" She said, bending down to pick up the embroidered napkins and flowers as she looked up. "You better be sorry. This is Armani," Joseph sneered, wiping off his suit.

"My apologies sir, all me to escort you to your table" She smiled placing her hand on his lower back guiding him to the table made specifically for them. "You shall be forgiven. As long as you take these flowers and keep them in water." He cleared his throat, raising his head high trying to hide his rosy cheeks. "Of course dear sir. Will your wife and children be joining you?"

"Oh no, my wife left me for our maid."

"I'm sorry to hear that sir" Mina pouted before playfully hitting his arm. "You're early. Since when were you ever punctual?"

"Since the girl of my dreams asked me on a date" He smiled. Romina was about to open her mouth to say something. The presence of Winston made the happy vibes immediately go away. "I'm not sure what type of sick games you two are playing. Not sure I even really care. Just don't fuck up this evening. Stay out of my way and we'll be good."

"What makes you think you get to speak to me like that?"

"Look, this is your job. Not some random event you get to bring your friends to. It's really unprofessional and I would hate to have to fire you."