•17• ᴡᴛғ ᴀʀᴇ ᴡᴇ ᴛᴀʟᴋɪɴɢ ғᴏʀ

I give Romina a cup and sit down beside her. She reads sheet music  completely oblivious to me standing over her. I watch as she sits there. Staring intently.

"I can feel your gaze on me Joseph."

"Good" I say watching the corners of her mouth turn up trying to hide her smile. Romina got released from the hospital two weeks ago. She had decided she'd want nothing to do with her father's madness. So I refused to mention it to her. I told her it was handled and that we could go about her life.

The wedding was tomorrow for her clients. I refuse to say his name.

"Stop looking at me Joseph I can't focus" she pouts as I sigh and turn around with my back against hers. "You're so mean to me"

"I'm sorry my big baby" she teases me as I roll my eyes. I lift my vials and pour them into one beaker. "You make me feel so blue" I say as the blue smoke emerges. "Sometimes I'm intrigued to be in your presence" Romina turns around to face him. He smiles, keeping his head forwards. Romina snakes an arm around my neck and rests her head on my shoulder. "Staring isn't nice Romina" I mutter while writing down formulas.

"But I thought I was mean" she laughs and kisses my cheek, purposely messing up my glasses while doing so. Romina goes to sit on the floor and picks up her violin. "What is it you're working on?" She asks me as I stop what I'm doing to look at her.

"A counter serum- for work" I say quickly as she eyes me as if she didn't believe a word I said. "And what is it this counter serum does?" She questions me, her voice dripping like Venom. "Well it-" she begins to play the violin loudly. "It" she plays over my voice before I sigh and give up. "Nothing important." I whispered, getting up to put my things on my desk. When I hear the aggressive violin playing come to a halt I know she has stood up as well. She comes to my side and looks at me then at the vial.

"Don't lie to me"

"It'll reverse the effects and damage done to a temporal lobe while reserving it."

"I fucking knew it." She scoffs and turns on her heel. She bends down to grab her phone and satin scrunchie and begins to walk from our conjoining hotel room. "Romina" I call out to her as she continues to walk at a pace ignoring me. I watch her put her curly mid length ginger hair in a ponytail. She starts typing on her phone before a text comes through.

"Go away right now." It says but I continue to follow her to her car. She refuses to look at me or even speak as she unlocked the car door and gets in. "Romina Windstor talk to me please" I plead and beg but my attempts can be seen as pathetic and unaffected. Romina starts the car up and looks at me then at the car. "If you don't move I will roll over your foot." She texts me but I look at her skeptical. "Romina get out at talk to me- FUCK!" I fall to the ground and hold my foot. I watch her car zoom away as I sit on the floor in pain groaning. I look at my men and hold a stare. "Get me the fuck up now." I order as they do as I said

"You have a torn tendon, severed ligament, and one broken toe bone" The doctor tells me, showing Josephine and I the x-rays. "Damn" She utters as I slowly look at her telling her to shut the fuck up without telling her to. By the time the doctor was finished, there was a boot on my leg. I stood up and began to walk on my crutches outside. Romina was parked in front of the hospital leaning up against the door. "Hey phia" She says to my sister who waves before helping me to get to her. "I'm not riding with you"

"Get in the car" She says but I stand still and look at her. "No" I say but she stares at me "Get in the damn car Joseph" Romina opens the door for me. I get in...

"I bought you a suit."

"I have more than enough suits to last me a lifetime." I mutter avoiding her eyes as she helps me get in and closes the door behind me.

"I wanted us to match. For the wedding tomorrow." I turn to see bags of clothes in the backseat. "Jesus Romina" I whisper before folding my arms.

"Sorry" She says quickly and hands me my credit card. "When did you have time to take this?" I yell at her while she begins to drive. "I swiped it before I left." She smiled at me and pats my head.

"I want you to apologize" I say firmly as she looks at me then at the road. "I'm sorry for running over your foot after I told you I was going to run over your foot" She says making me sigh, her presence gives me a headache sometimes.

"You didn't mean that." I tell her but instead of reassuring me otherwise, she pressed both of her lips tightly together and refuses to look at me. "Are you seriously trying not to laugh?" I ask as she takes one glance towards me then at my foot. Romina tries to hold her laugh in but I burst into laughter before she can. "You asshole." I scream at her while we both laugh.

"I warned your ass!" She laughs as I smack my teeth and shake my head.