•12• ᴛᴡᴏ ʙɪʀᴅs ᴏɴ ᴀ ᴡɪʀᴇ

Flashback

"Romina. Can I talk to you" Roman coughed running to her as she laced up her boots. "Yea sure. What's up?" She asks as he looks around hesitantly. He swallows the little bit of pride he has left and looks at Romina lovingly

"I love you. So much. But I want you to promise me that you'll fight? With every ounce of fire in you." He says looking in her eyes deeply.

Romina let out a shuttered breath and nodded slowly.

The twins were approaching their 18th birthday. Joseph graduated early and left to attend college in America. On their 18th birthday in the Windstor family, a set of twins would have to fight their own parents to live. As much as Romina and Roman disliked their parents, they couldn't bear the thought of killing them for their own survival. That's why Joseph and the two of them made a plan. He would be there just before any final moves could be made and rescue them like the knight in shining armor they wanted him to be.

Roman however knew the possibility of them both making it out was slim to none. He smiled watching his sister pack up her things. His baby sister. Only by 12 minutes but still. She stood there unaware to the extent he would go to just to see her finally happy. He had a plan though.

A plan to make sure he took his family down with him.

Present Day|Joseph's P.O.V|

I made myself downstairs after making sure Romina slept. Last night was hard, seeing her like that. Which was rare, but when it happened it really made me feel some type of feeling. Makes me regret ever leaving her at all.

"Jade" I smiled walking to my sister and tightly hugging her. She hugged me back patting my head. "How is it, I'm 2 years older yet you're still taller than me?" She said, squeezing my cheeks as I quickly removed her hands.

"I don't know jade, maybe you should ask your parents" I teased her as she poked my side walking past me towards the den. She hit the button and waited for the table to lift revealing the trap door and walking down the stairs. I followed her.

"Can someone tell me what the fuck was that stunt last night." She said loudly, directing her tone towards the room of people who stopped what they were doing. Joseph stood behind his sister watching her talk to their men. She grabbed a chair and sat down looking at the group of people. "What's the number one rule? The one rule that we put above all" Joseph asks, walking up behind his sister backing up in whatever she chooses to do.

"Job before most, family before all." They said in sync as Jade rubbed her temple before pushing her long ashy blond hair out of her face. 

"That's our family motto. And if we're supposed to be a family, why the fuck would you make a careless mistake such as letting that man walk in the very building you all were supposed to be supervising?" Jade questions as they all look around and stare in contempt. One stepped up, Rev looked at us then at the rest. " It was a mistake that shouldn't have happened." 

"Damn right it shouldn't have" I said, interrupting him folding my arms, earning a quick jab in my side by my older sister who was now scolding me. "Sorry. Rev, I appreciate your acknowledgement of this situation. But please don't mistake my kindness as a pass because I swear on the head of my first born if something like that ever happens again. I will personally remove your intestines and strangle you with them."

"I understand boss." He says knowingly and takes a step back as I help jade up. 25% of your pay goes to me. Not only that, but you will be going under evaluation in order to return back on field. Groans could be heard all throughout the room but quickly stopped as my eyes shot glares at them. Jade uncrossed her legs and stood up. "Great. Now train Murd's in the rink today"

I suck my teeth in at the mention of Murd. That man has trained me since I was a little boy, I know firsthand how hard he could be with his trainees. The toughest of tough love out there.

Jade steps up and looks at me. " Now that that's handled." She says as I nod my head slowly scratching my chin, "Time to get to the real problem. Which is Mina's past" I respond by taking my phone out of my back pocket.

"We need to get all of our alliances in order and make sure our associates are down." I say scrolling through my contacts and clicking on cassandra's name.

"You know now more than ever he's going to do whatever it takes to bring you and her down." She speaks with uncertainty in her voice. I look at her with no fear whatsoever while the phone is to my ears. "Are you ready-"

"For her? Always" I say cutting her off as the sound of cassandra's voice takes all of my attention

hope you enjoyed:) I plan on adding on later but for now I wanted to get this published.

Take care