•14• Insecure

Third P.O.V

Darry adjusted his turtleneck, slightly moving his ear length jet black hair out of his face. Romina stood up and walked in front of Joseph. "So what brings you by darryl"

"Darry is fine."

"Pardon" She asks sharply, making him smirk slightly. He clasped both hands together and sat in a chair. He brought a hand to his chin and grinned. "Names Darrly but I prefer to be called darry." He smiles like a Cheshire cat with his straight white teeth and gap. "So glad that was established" Romina says in a venomous tone. Her patience was thinning and slowly unraveling.

"Bastard has been in the witness protection program for the past 7 years. He recently dropped from our radar 5 months ago, around the time you appeared." Romina looks over at joseph who had his right hand over his mouth breathing into it. She looks up at Christina to see her avoiding eye contact and scratching her neck with a pencil. 7 years ago? Around the time Joseph broke up with her.

"What happened 7 years ago? That made him go into the program?" She asks looking at darry who gave a nervous glance to Joseph who was making hand motions behind her back. Begging and pleading for him to shut up. "That's classified info-"

Romina slams a knife between his legs on the leather chair.

"Romina!"

"Mina, was that necessary?"

Cassandra laughs "If there's a will there's a way."

"He went into hiding during the fumigate." The voices overlap at the same time before the room fell silent after Darry replied harmlessly.

"What's the fumigate"

"I think that's a question for your fiancé, no?"

"Maybe" She shrugs, sending glares and narrowing her eyes at Joseph who tried to actively avoid her burning gaze. "But I'm asking you" She says as darry sighs, taking the knife from between his legs and setting it on the table. "Basically it was the purification of all affiliates in the field. Those who worked with and stood by your father. Dead. In a string of horrid deaths."

"Oh, well it wasn't my work."

"We know that. Now." He stares at Joseph who is silently cursing and sucking his teeth. Romina slowly turns around and looks at him. "You?" She asks as he rubs the back of his neck.

"It was an accident" He stutters while Darry laughs. "You killed 209 people Joseph!" Darry scolds him in an amusing manner. Cassandra sips on her drink. "Damn I got to admit I didn't think he had it in him"

"Why the fuck would you do that." Romina questions him, picking up the photos and looking at them. "Personally I was never a fan of your father. Might I make that clear!? I mean the man is a prick have you seen his greasy ass shirts with that stink stench of death-"

"Joseph!" Christina yells, he takes a sharp inhale of air. "Sorry. Thanks" he says as she pats his back.

"I think we should give them the room." Christina shouts trying to get everyone to move but no one moves an inch.

"Everyone out of the fucking room" Joseph orders as everyone stands up and begins to leave while leaving on the table. He looks at her with soft eyes. "I can explain."

"So explain"

"Fine so maybe I can't explain?"

"Unbelievable. You break up with me and go on some killing rampage after my father!" She yells at him

Christina stares at them through the glass screen not hearing anything. She looks at jade who has been silent this entire time. "You think they'll get back together after he tells her?"

"Imma add you in the groupchat, Josephine just put 30k on Romina making the first move."

"I put 50k on her getting shot before the weekends" Darry raises his hand and Christina looks at him skeptical. "When the fuck did you get added? More importantly when the fuck did you all have time to make a group chat."

"Don't ask questions, just enjoy." Cassandra shushes her as their attention goes back to the room.

"I did not break up with you. I just wanted to give you time"

"News flash that's a fucking break up"

"Romina, I love you so much and you know this. Ask yourself can I say the same? You weren't emotionally available at the time" Romina drops her jaw "My brother died" She claps her hands he sighs shaking his head. "I know that. I fucking know that Romina. Even before that you-" He sighs trying to get himself to calm down. 

"You've never loved me the way I loved you."

She shakes her head, "That's not true and you know it's not." She scoffs in disbelief. Joseph walks up to her and grabs her hands. "I would rather love you, and lose you than wish I never loved you at all." Romina whispers underneath her breath. He picks up her chin and looks in her eyes. "You aren't ready for a committed relationship. But I need you to understand that no matter how long it takes, I will wait for you."

"Why?"

"You're one of a kind Windstor" Joseph smiles at her pressing his forehead against hers.

"Aww shit. Is he about to kiss her?" Christina says looking in the windows. Darry types on his phone. "Fuck. Please don't let him kiss her" He pleads with himself even going as far to close his eyes.

"Bullshit! He doesn't have the balls" Cassandra yells at them before watching him lean in and kiss Romina. "Well shit. I guess he does" 

"Oh they're touching now." Darry says nonchalant, turning away. "Sometimes they make me want to vomit" Christina mutters to herself sitting down besides Cassandra. "Pay up slut"

"You won in a landslide." She growls before placing 40k in Christina's bag. "Lies. I know my man and I know Romina. You'd be surprised at the things he does for her crazy ass"

"Okay this is getting ridiculous. It's been over 5 minutes." Darry rolls his eyes and sends a text. Less than a few moments later a squad of police men showed up. "What the hell is going on?" Christina asks as Darry checks his watch. "Romina Windstor is being placed under arrest" He grins while Christina gets in his face. "What the fuck for" She asks as he makes a head motion. "That's classified information sorry" He walks past her and goes into the room.

"Romina you have the right to remain silent-"

"What? Wait, why am I getting arrested? Arrest him, not me!"

"Ouch"

"Sorry" She smiles nervously at Joseph. "Don't worry, just keep your head down. You'll be out in time for your client's wedding tomorrow."

"How are you going to get me out of jail that fast" Romina asks Joseph, who was about to speak before Darry bent down to her ear. "We've got you a really good lawyer"