•25•ғʀɪᴇɴᴅs ɪɴᴛᴏ ʟᴏᴠᴇʀs

•Joseph•

"I'll be honest, it seems a little extreme." Romina stared down while occasionally glancing at me peering at the see through glass. "Extreme is my specialty" I tap on top of a ring I think she'd like. Her head immediately shook no.

I watch her shoulders move as she gives me one of her gorgeous laughs. My eyes widened at the sound like my brain had memorized every snort as a synchronizing beat."No it's mine, which again is why this seems a bit alarming." I take her hand and look at it. My finger runs over the flower tattoo she has on her left index finger.

"You're going to be my wife. The least you can do is help me pick out a ring you like."

She takes her hands and puts them on my chest. "I never agreed to that. You never even asked me!" I move her head back towards the glass of rings. "I'll get around to that. Before the fake one so we can plan the real one! We're getting engaged to be engaged to be 'married' to be engaged and married!"

She stifles back laughter staring down at the glass. I watch her lips pressed together and her nose scrunch up. "You're nuts!" I press my head against hers, watching her keep her eyes on the glass. "And besides I don't know why you're making such a big deal of this. This is just another day for me." I nod my head going along with whatever nonsense she's saying. "Mhm right." She turns and puts her arms around my neck. About to kiss me but I fix my voice to speak in a low tone. "If you don't pick a ring, I'll tell everyone you love musicals."

Her laugh stops and her breath hitches. "This one." She says and points. "Beautiful-'' I responded without even looking at the ring. Still looking at her. "Asshole" She looks up to me pouting but fighting back a smile. I kiss the top of her nose. "Pretty soon you won't be able to get rid of me." Romina kisses me quickly. "I'm pretty sure I already can't get rid of you?" Mina narrows her eyes and gives me a skeptic look. I sheepishly grin before clapping my hands together

"Better you accept it now than later my love." My head turns to find the nearest sales person to assist my Wife and I. My hand goes around her waist as the lady walks over. Another goes and puts the blinds down, ending the flickering lights coming from outside. "How soon could I get this ring?"

_
_
_

_
_
_

"Are we going to talk about the other day?" Josephine asks, walking towards me with open arms. I hug my sister and kiss her cheek. Romina and I had a little trouble leaving the jewelry store. We had to call Darryl and Josephine to escort our driver to her hotel. She needed to get the rest of her clothes. No point staying in a hotel when your 'fake' fiance lives in town. Ha! I still can't believe I managed her to believe that. Once she's in my house, that's it. She's stuck with me now. Until we start building our home together.

I look at my watch behind her. I really thought they would be back by now. I pulled away with having felt like the longest hug in history.

"Nothing at all kid." I raise my hand to mess up her hair but she slaps it away before I could even think about it. Rude.

"I'm older than you."

"In human years." I state as a matter of factly, a smile is forming on her face. She slaps me upside my head. "Ow."

"Don't be weird, dick. I already know what happened. I just wanted to see if you were going to say anything."

This only causes me to laugh. "If you knew, why did you ask me." My hands fly up as I stand dying of laughter. "I don't know!" She responds horrified and goes to cover her face with her hands.

"You're good though right?"

"Best sex in my life."

"Joseph William Giordano!" Josephine laughs before punching me in my arms. "What? We're both adults."

"You're still my brother" She growls before playfully placing her hands in my hair. I try to pull them away but she's always been faster than me. She ruffles my hair instantly and my day is ruined.

I scoff and pull away. We turn in silence and resume staring at the door. "I wonder what's taking them so long?" She questions as her foot taps a rhythmic beat against the cold wet concrete. I move the umbrella from one arm to another.

"She's too busy second guessing her every action. I don't think she had enough time to mentally prepare so she's prepping." I look down at her to see her slight smile at me. "Jade and I- hell even mom, we're really happy for you and mina. I mean it's been our favorite topic for years. The two of you are better together than apart."

I cringe at her sweet words. Ick. I give a quick nod and smile. This feels so wrong now. "Thanks, you too. With Darryl and everything. I mean." I stopped talking before I could act even weirder. Josephine only turns her whole body towards me and pushes her hair behind her ear. "You know I am glad you grew out of that mini stalking phase. God was that weird!." Oh my fucking-

"Stop talking Josephine!?"

I cringe at her sweet words. Ick. I give a quick nod and smile. This feels so wrong now. "Thanks, you too. With Darryl and everything. I mean." I stopped talking before I could act even weirder. Josephine only turns her whole body towards me and pushes her hair behind her ear. "You know I am glad you grew out of that mini stalking phase. God was that weird!." Oh my fucking-

"Stop talking Josephine Maria Isa Giordano!?" I shouted, making her put her hands up in surrender. "Mother adopted you." I muttered before shifting my attention to the opening doors in front of us. Darryl walks out and opens his umbrella waiting for Romina to step under it and walk across the street to us. I watch Ali help the other guys grab her bags. My sister and I wait for them to approach us. I swiftly hand Darryl the umbrella I'm holding with Josephine under it and he gives me his with Romina walking by my side.

"Thanks for the help." Romina says and Darryl nods. "My pleasure" He grabs Josephine's hand and they turn and begin to walk away "Till next time!" Josephine yells as Darryl holds the passenger door open for her. He shakes his head and mouths help me, making us both laugh.

Romina and I watch them drive away. "Should we take a walk?" I ask her, but she looks at me confused. "Joseph, it's raining."

"Okay let's go eat in a restaurant. With people." Romina sighs and kicks a puddle of water next to her. She rolls her eyes at me before putting my arm around her.

"No, that's fine, we can walk." I laugh internally at her defeat. I wasn't hungry anyways.