Night time paperwork

Stellae's POV*

'I didn't know you liked Nova!?' Mrs Harrison says sternly. I look at her wide eyes as I almost dropped all the plates and bowls in my hands.

'W-what?' I ask stunned at her revelation.

'You-' she points at me with her ladel then pointed up the stairs to the dining room '-And Nova'

'I-i don't know what you are talking about' I said calmly trying not to show my embarrassment, obviously that failed because I was talking to Mrs Harrison and not anyone else.

'Oh please I raised you for almost fifteen years! I know all your little tricks!' She says as she turns back to mixing the curry.

'But you don't know all of them' I remind her. She just scoffs but doesn't say anything else on the matter. I place the dishes on the side of the sink and fill up the sink with warm water and start washing the plates individually, my thoughts running wild.

Do I like him? No I can't I just met him! He doesn't like me that's for sure. Besides he's suppose to be engaged to Falicitá.

I huff aggravated by my thoughts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
         Now
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I finished cleaning all the dishes from everyone and the pots and pans from the individually cook meat and vegetables from the curry and soup. I finished not long ago. I bid everyone in the kitchen goodnight as I now walk the corridors of the huge mansion to my room. My head was looking at the ground noticing nothing as thoughts kept flooding my head...

I can't! I just can't like him! We have just met, he is going to marry Falicitá. I can't catch feelings. Not now not ever!

As I was talking to myself a light caught my attention. The door was open slightly, the lamps light shining out in the corridor. It was just turning midnight. Who would be up at this time?. I go over to the slightly opened door. I politely knock on the door, but I got no response. I knock lightly again. No response yet again. I push open the door, I step into the room. The room was dark except the lamp that was on a person's desk. The person was none other than.....Nova!. He doesn't look up and see me because his eyes were glued to the pieces of paper in front of him. He seems pissed off.

'Nova?' I quietly question. He looks up at me a bit startled. He stands up from his seat. I give a small curtsy of apology. 'Forgive me for entering uninvited, I noticed a light coming from your office I didn't realise you would still be awake and doing work' I raise my head. He was still standing and looking at me intensely but I was not afraid of his gaze. And I never was.

'That's quite alright Star, I am heading to bed after I figure out this arrangement first!' He says angrily as he slumps down in his chair.

'May I see it?' I ask not daring to move from the door if I wasn't invited in. He sits up properly and motions for me to come.

'Be my guest' He says quietly. I move over to him and sit on the arm of his chair. I take the papers in my hands, as I lean back on the chair, looking over the documents that kept Nova from his slumber.

'Hm' I murmer out as I keep looking them over and over again.

'Its for trying to get all the people in the mountains that torment the Regalo people out and in prison, we know where they are we just don't know how to get them out, as they have much larger number of men than us..i do not want to lose any of my family members' He tenses. I nod at his statement. He loves us all as family....He looks up at me. I smile down to him. He turns his head away from me, but not before I notice something like a pink colour on his cheeks. 'Yet I can't figure out what to do...' He murmers. I place a hand on his shoulder he relaxes at my touch.

'Isn't there a river down the side of that mountain?' I ask as I remember learning off the mountain routes as I lived near them so I wouldn't get lost. I still did.

'Yes, right there' He points to the map on his desk. I beam at him.

'Why not flood them out' I say confidently. Nova looks up at me with wide eyes.

'Flood them out?' He repeats. I nod. 'That's a brilliant idea!' He says.

'Its not really just an idea' I murmer but grin from ear to ear happy I could help.

He stands up from his chair taking me with him as he spins me round and round laughing our heads off. He carefully puts me back down. I can't stand still so I lean against Nova for support. I realise he tensed as I leaned on him I move off him quickly.

'Sorry!' I squeak. A faint blush forming on my cheeks.

He scratches the back of his neck. 'Its fine' he replies as his once warm features turn cold. I sigh. 'You should head to bed, it's late' He says sitting back down in his seat.

'Very well' I say giving a small curtsy again. 'I will help you bring the plans of the flooding to Papa and Dante tomorrow if you will let me help you' I say.

He nods. 'But of course, you came up with the idea, now get some rest we have a long day tomorrow' He replies. I nod and walk out the door closing the door behind me making sure I don't wake anyone. I quietly walk to my room which happend to only be a few doors down. I enter my cream and purple colored room. I remove my suit and I slip into comfortable sleep attire. I fold my suit uniform and place it on my side table ready for work tomorrow.It didn't take me long to fall asleep but the one thing or person really that was running through my head was one stone cold boy with midnight blue locks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1054 words!

Hope you enjoyed!