Helping at the docks

Stellae's POV*

After talking with Papa I decided to go on a walk, lost in thought at always.

At least I'm not in trouble. What about the Famiglia? Will Papa and Mama be safe?

I sigh. When I finally come back from my thoughts I realise I was at the docks. I scrunched my eyebrows together in confusion.

'Princess?' A voice asks. I turn around and see Libertá holding a huge crate.

'Libertá!' I say happily and walk over to him.

'What are you doing here?' He asks scrunching his eyebrows together like I did a moment ago.

'I-eh I wanted to come and help you!' I say.

'Don't you have paperwork though?' He asks. Sounds like he doesn't want me around.

'Sounds like you just don't want me around. Is that it Libertá?' I ask crossing my arms. He shakes his head rapidly.

'Not at all Princess! I would love you to stick around! I'm sure Dante would too!' He shouts embarrassed. I giggle.

'Then let's get to work!!' I say taking the wooden box from him and loading it onto the ship.

That was what we did for the day. Loading crates onto ships and then watching them depart the Regalo docks. Dante kept us bust although he tried to keep Libertá away from me as much as possible. He was acting strange.

'Hello Dante!' I say happily as I take a bite of my glossy green apple. Dante was sitting on a wine barrel looking over the today's crate shipments. He looks up at me with his classic grin.

'Evening Madam' He replies.

'Did you get anything to eat earlier?' I ask. He shakes his head.

'Didn't have time, I had to check over the boats to make sure no illegal products were brought into Regalo' He says looking over his documents again. I shake my head at his decisions.

'Think fast' I toss him a spare apple that I had bought in the village earlier. He catches it with ease. 'You got to look after yourself Dante, this is the best I got but don't make me remind you again, alright?' I ask strictly. He just nods, afraid to use his voice. 'Good' I say.

I sit down on the docks with my back against the barrel that Dante was sitting on. I hummed as I ate my apple. Every now and then Dante would hum along as well.

'Come on Madam we should head home for dinner or Mama and Papa will have my bald head' Dante says dramaticly. I throw my head back and laugh my head off.

Home....Finally....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

438 words

Sorry its another really short chapter hope you enjoyed tho!