Baking Flustered

George and Sapnap left me on the back porch chair and went inside after deciding I was boring as a blob. I grow back into myself after a while and run my fingers through my slightly damp hair. I sigh at the unfortunate events that have occurred and head inside.

When I slide open the door my eyes catch George's as him and Sapnap stare, deer in headlights, at me. They are both still in swim shorts, but completely covered from head to toe in assorted baking ingredients. 

My mouth drops open. "What- are you doing?"

Sapnap is the first to respond, with a very meek, "Baking?"

I blink hard and run a hand through my hair. "W-wha... you, it looks like you've- what? My kitchen is just... oh gosh." My hands run down my face and then I tuck them behind my neck, fingers laced together. 

My eyes catch George's again and he smiles in embarrassment. 

I internally groan. How can I be mad when he gives me a puppy face like that? 

"How about we clean up a little and then actually try to bake a cake, for real?" I suggest.

Sapnap and George both eagerly nod, most likely extremely grateful I didn't tell them off, and quickly get to work cleaning up. 

"While you clean up your mess, I'm going to shower. You guys can shower when I'm done, okay?"

Sapnap sighs, probably upset I wasn't going to help them clean up. George just nods his head giving me a thumbs up, cheeks smeared with flower, hair dusted with white. 

Why was he so cute?

I wander to my room and undress, stepping into the warm shower. I sigh in contentment washing the hot tub water down the drain. 

After my shower I head down the stairs and find the kitchen in fairly good shape. George and Sapnap are nowhere to be found. I walk back down the hall and hear the shower running in the guest bathroom. So one of them was showering, but where was the other one? 

I walk back to my room and pull my phone from my charger. I head back to the kitchen and start pulling out ingredients for baking a cake. My kitchen island slowly fills up with a carton of eggs, flour, sugar, butter, and vanilla. I put headphones in my ears and start listening to music. I pull bowls and measuring cups from my cupboards and drawers, dancing to Dynamite by BTS. My eye catches the glass door leading to my backyard and I get distracted by George sitting on the porch. He is bent over something that I can't see. It looks like he is showered, his hair wet, which means Sapnap is the one in the shower right now. I pause my hunt for a liquid measuring cup and pull out my earbuds, walking into the backyard. As soon as I slide open the back door George turns quickly. 

"Dream!" he turns and hides something behind his back.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm uhh... nothing. Don't worry about it."

I raise an eyebrow suspiciously. "What's behind your back then?"

"Nothing important." he rushes. "What do you need?"

I sigh. "I wanted to see what you were doing, but I guess you wont tell me."

George nods with a smile. "Yep."

I shrug my shoulders. "Did you want to help me make a cake, for real this time?"

George scoffs, but looks at me fondly. "Sure. I'll be in there in a second."

I stare at him for a second and then give in. "Alright." I head back inside to continue looking for a liquid measuring cup. 

George comes in only a minute later and brushes his hand on his pants. He smiles at me standing in the kitchen with my head in the dishwasher.

"Ready to make a cake?" He enthusiastically interrupts my searching. 

"Once I can find my liquid measuring cup. Have you seen it?"

George wanders into the kitchen. "What does it look like?"

I gesture with my hands, "It's just a cup with a handle on the side and it has little tick marks for the measurements. I think-"

"Was it glass?" he interrupts. 

"Yes..." I slowly answer. 

George cringes. "Yeah... umm, Sapnap and I may or may not have dropped that on the ground when we were... baking." 

I give him sad eyes. "George," I quietly scold.

"Okay, but," he tries to defend, "Sapnap was the one who knocked it off the counter, and he said that it was my fault because I put it there and then, well... that's why we were covered in flour."

I sigh, but chuckle lightly. I just can't get mad at George no matter what. 

Sapnap wanders in before I can respond. "You guys started without me?" he frowns. 

"We were just about to, if you took any longer in the shower." 

Sapnap rolls his eyes. "Well, now we can start."

"Thanks for your permission," George mumbles and I laugh out loud. 

After searching up a good recipe and too many attempts at cracking an egg, plus the combined effort of trying to figure out how to turn on my oven, we finally had a cake baking.  George, Sapnap, and I all sat in the living room talking about what we should do after I blow out my candles. George argues that we never got to watch a movie and wants to do that while Sapnap wants to get drunk and play dumb party games like, truth or dare, seven minutes in heaven, among other things. 

They both turn to me after a long and boring argument I haven't even been paying attention to. 

I look up. "What?"

"What do you think we should do?" Sapnap urges.

"What are the options?"

"Getting drunk," Sapnap eagerly says, "and fun games or, a boring movie, like we've done almost every single night."

George scoffs. "Not a boring movie, a good movie. And we could like build a fort or something."

I sigh. "I thought I told you guys to pick?"

"You did." George says helpfully.

"But, we can't decide." Sapnap adds. 

"How about this," George and Sapnap both perk up. "We watch a movie," Sapnap groans at my words, "AND," I cut him off, "we can get drunk too."

Sapnap cheers while George flops his head on the couch next to my lap. He groans into the cushion. 

"What Georgie," Sapnap fake pouts, "can't hold your beer?" He laughs evilly.

I pat George's head. "It will be fun George."

The oven beeps in the kitchen and I perk up. 

"Cake's done," I announce and get up to pull it out of the oven. 

Thanks for reading! How has your day been today? Hope you're doing alright. :D

1131 words