Chapter 9 - I'm Posher Than You

Hi guys! Sorry for the delay in the release of this chapter. I needed some time away 🥹

Enjoy! 💜

Six days passed after I left her home that morning and for those six days all I could think about was her - especially while I was working

It wasn't part of my plan to go to her house that day. Actually, it went against my plan of staying away from women completely after I came out of prison.

But I couldn't help it.

I could tell she was upset by what happened at the school, but I guess that was just the excuse I needed.

It wasn't hard for me to find out her address and when Alex left me to go back to the woman he was previously with, I was left with the choice of going home to be alone with my thoughts or paying her a visit just for fun.

I guess I thought it would be a chance just to get her out of my system. I assumed we would sleep together or she would shut me down and kick me out, ending any kind of 'relationship' that we could have had - then I would have moved on.

So I didn't expect to stay with her, at all.

I also didn't expect to have the connection that I had with her. She was so easy to be around, so freaking easy to talk to. It felt like I'd known her for a long time even though I really hadn't.

So for the next six days I tried to focus on the work that I was doing with Alex and Lucero, now that he was back, but all I could think about was Isadora.

I also texted her for the first time. We texted a little, which was just me sending her texts that I hoped would annoy her because her reactions were amusing to say the least. The only other kind of contact I had with her was through Alex when he told me that she mentioned me at the gym.

I could tell he was suspicious of my relationship with her, especially considering I was so adamant I wanted to stay away from women for the foreseeable future.

If he knew I stayed at her house overnight, or that I slept in her bed, I'd never hear the end of it.

The sound of someone knocking on my bedroom door caused me to flinch as I came out of my bathroom with my towel wrapped around my waist after my shower.

"Roman?" I heard Alex's voice through the door and I glanced over at the makeshift bed I'd made on my bedroom floor.

To my knowledge no one knew how badly I was screwed up by my trip to prison. I tried to keep everything to myself - the nightmares, the way I was sleeping, my anxiety and panic attacks.

Well, I guess Isadora knew. She only asked me about the nightmares but I guess now that I knew she remembered that night at the club, I assumed she also remembered the panic attack.

Alex knocked on my bedroom door again causing me to release a sigh. I dimmed the lights before I opened the door, barely allowing him to see past me.

"What?" Instead of answering me like a normal person, his eyes roamed over my exposed tattooed chest and he smirked at me. "Okay, if you insist. But I have to warn you, I get performance anxiety in front of really good looking men."