Chapter 14 - Best Friends

Enjoy!

Don't forget to vote and comment ❤️

One Week Later

~ Roman's POV ~

"Where do you think you're going?" My mother's curt tone behind me had me freezing dead in my tracks. I slowly turned to face her. "Out?"

"Out? Really? Ten minutes before your grandparents are supposed to get here?" She gave me that look that basically told me not to even try to argue with her or give her any kind of bullshit. I let out a sigh shaking my head. "No."

"That's what I thought. Now get your butt downstairs and help your siblings set up." She tried to be forceful, but I couldn't help the smile that tugged at my lips. Her glare last just a few seconds before she cracked a small grin. "Solo ve, me hijo." (Just go, my son.)

I headed downstairs and into the living room. Renata and Elías were sitting amused on the couch watching Lucero and Joanna frantically set up the fine china for our grandparents.

They're the only guests who ever use those cups and saucers. We could never risk using it for any other guests in case my grandmother noticed they'd been used too many times. She'd already once commented on the fact we always give her the same china set, she thinks we should have a few to rotate between.

"I think that cup is a little wonky, you might want to fix it, hermano." (Brother) I gestured to the teacup on the serving tray with a smirk. Lucero flashed me a glare. "Why don't you come over here and I'll shove it up your-"

"Lucero." Unfortunately for him, before he could get his rather childish and uncalled for insult out, my father walked into the living room.

Take that bitch.

Before anyone could say anything else, the sound of the front door bell ringing caused a blanket of tension to settle around us. Watching through the door of the living room, I saw my mother heading towards the front door. But she stopped to give us all one last glare.

"Best behaviour, all of you."

I dropped down on the couch, sending a quick text to Alex to tell him I'd try to get out of this as quickly as possible. We were supposed to meet up to go and show a bitch who's boss, but unfortunately I overslept and then I got caught trying to sneak out.

I sound like a freaking 5 year old, not a 26 year old.

"Marta, Salvador, it's very nice to see you."

Unfortunately I had to spend the next week listening to my mother speak to her in-laws in that same, 'I hate you but I'm being polite for the sake of my own sanity' tone.

"Valeria." My grandmother replied in the same clipped tone, hugging her daughter in-law before she turned to give her son a hug. Of course when she hugged my father, her smile became genuine.

I think out of our entire family the only one she actually liked was her son.

Once they'd had their greetings, my mother called Lucero and Elías to take their bags upstairs to the best guest room just as my phone vibrated in my hand.

Dora: You busy?

I smiled as soon as I saw her name, or the nickname I saved her as on my phone.

As the days passed we were becoming closer and closer since I spent pretty much every night with her now.

Even when her siblings were over, she snuck me into her house after they went to sleep. Although they already knew anyway because she was weird like me and told her younger siblings things they had no business knowing.