Chapter 12 - I Just Wanted To Make Love

Hi guys! I'm so sorry for inconsistent uploads. I've been stressed with my job but I've also been working on some bonus chapters for Amore Mio which will be coming in the next few weeks.

This is also the last chapter I have edited in this story which is why I've been holding onto it so long 🥹

Oh, and it's my birthday this weekend! So I'm busy with that 🤭

But apart from all of that, I will try to get the next chapters up on time but please bear with me if the chapters don't come every Friday.

Thank you so much ❤️

Enjoy!

"Mr Alvarez, it's nice to see you again

"Mr Alvarez, it's nice to see you again. How have you been?"

The blonde waitress smiled seductively at me just as Izzy and Alex came up next to me in the entrance of my busy restaurant.

She was the same waitress who was always floating around me whenever I came here. Every single time I dismissed her advances and this time was no different. I completely ignored her question.

"Table for three." At my request her eyes shifted away from me and towards Alex who gave her a blank stare and then Izzy who was way too busy staring at the luxury decor of the restaurant to notice.

The blonde's eyes lingered on Izzy for a second too long for my liking, distaste shining in her eyes as she wordlessly picked up three menus.

"I'm a little underdressed, Roman." Izzy whispered to me as we followed the waitress to our table, passing by some occupied tables in the bustling restaurant. "Don't worry about that, Dora."

Even with my reassurance she didn't seem convinced, glancing down at her gym attire with a frown.

She told me this was a regular thing in her life. The nature of her work meant she was always wearing gym clothes - even if she did want to wear nicer clothes. It meant if she ever had to go somewhere during the day she was likely to be dressed in the wrong attire.

She said it didn't help her self confidence, not that I understood why. She was the most beautiful girl I'd ever seen, it didn't matter what she was wearing. But I hated the thought of her feeling uncomfortable, thinking she didn't fit in somewhere.

So instead of trying to reassure her that her clothes were fine and that no one would say a word to her in one of my restaurants, I decided to do something else.

I grabbed her hand to stop her in her tracks in the middle of the full restaurant. Reaching up to my neck I unclasped my diamond chain which I hardly ever took off. Without a word I put it around her neck, doing the clasp up at the back while she watched me.

"I don't think my watch or my rings will fit you, so you'll just have to settle for my necklace."

"I thought you said I couldn't have it unless I married you." She lifted her hand feeling the thin chain between her fingers with a soft smile on her face.