Chapter 33 - I Don't Want You To Die

Enjoy this chapter! Don't forget to vote and comment ❤️🥹

"Now?"

"Well, very soon, but yes."

So maybe I underestimated how serious everyone was being about marriage.

"That's what my father wanted to talk to me about. Like I told you, the announcement that I'm taking over is in six weeks on New Years Eve. But after that I have a month or two before I'm expected to actually become the boss in a swearing in ceremony. He wants me to be settled first before all of that takes place, which means we need to be married by New Years."

I couldn't tell what Roman was thinking when he flashed me a wary look.

"Roman, we're still in such a weird place. After everything that has happened, so-"

"I know it's sudden, Isadora." Cutting me off, Roman took a sudden step towards me. "But you know this is right. Even after everything that happened, Iz, we still came out the other side and not many people can say that. I've had this talk with my father and my grandfather so many times, but every time they mention me getting a wife, all I can think about is you. There is no one else I want apart from you, there's no one else that makes me feel the way you do. I love you Izzy, there's no freaking way I can do this without you. I need you."

Even though I was only hearing it for the second time, it still melted my heart in ways I could never have imagined.

"I love you too, Roman. But you-"

"I know it's a huge freaking deal. I know it's a lot and I know my crazy ass family aren't helping, but...can we at least just sit and talk about it?"

The fact he was so desperate to convince me to discuss marriage caused a smile to tug at my lips. Surprisingly, it was because I wasn't actually as against it as he probably thought.

He just wouldn't let me speak.

"Of course we can. But you know that means you have to actually let me talk, right?" At first a cute frown formed on his face almost as if he was confused by what I meant. Then he gave me a cute smile. "Sorry, yes I'll let you talk. But, before we do any talking..."

Roman's voice lowered to a whisper as he pulled me into him, dipping down to press a kiss to my lips. I couldn't help but smile against his lips, placing my hand on his cheek as he deepened the kiss.

It felt surreal to be able to kiss him after spending so long thinking we would never be together, and after everything that went wrong between us.

"You're so beautiful, Izzy." He murmured those words against my lips as he turned us around, pressing me up against his bedroom door. My eyes fluttered closed when he started pressing kisses to my neck, his hands firmly placed on my hips. "And you smell so freaking good."

We were a few kisses away from potentially breaking Mama Alvarez's sex ban.

"M-maybe you should stop before you get carried away, Roman."