Chapter 15 - That's A Foul!

I hope you all love this chapter!

Don't forget to vote and comment 🤍

Thank you for reading!

She was something else completely

Even just with a hug last night she managed to calm me down and break down the walls I'd had up for that entire day. After I left the house I tried to release the anger through torturing some low lives who owed us money, all the while ignoring Alex's attempts to get through to me when I got a little carried away, hence the busted knuckles.

Then I went home and took a shower before I had a much needed drink. When that didn't help, I went to the firing range to work off the anger there.

In the end all I needed was a hug from Isadora and she had me telling her things I never would have said out loud to any other human being. I don't think I'd ever even admitted to my family that I loved my grandmother.

Only to Izzy.

If I had told Azura that two years ago, the bitch would have probably laughed and told me to man up. At the time, I thought that was the kind of tough love that I needed to become the most powerful Jefe when it was my turn to take over from my father.

But now I was starting to rethink all of that because whenever I was with Isadora, even though I told her things I never dreamed of saying out loud, I always felt stronger for it. She made me feel stronger.

I had nightmares every night in prison and also after I came out. But then I started sleeping next to her and I was suddenly strong enough to battle them. They didn't disappear, but I handled it.

And I was the freaking idiot who told her I only wanted to be friends.

I knew it hurt her, she wasn't very good at keeping her emotions hidden from me. But I had no choice. She didn't know the truth about who I was and I also just needed time. After all I'd been through, I couldn't just go headfirst into another relationship. Not when I desperately wanted this one to last.

I needed to be ready for it so that I could give her every single part of me, knowing I wouldn't screw it all up by accident.

And she had to accept me - my past in prison and with Evander Kordas, and my future as the heir to Los Ángeles del Armagedón.

"But it's Thursday."

"What the hell does the day of the week have to do with anything?"

"I'm tired Izzy." The sound of Cristian's voice travelled from the kitchen as I went down the stairs.

"I don't care, you've already got the day off school for some bullshit teacher training day, and, I'm not your freaking slave. Go and make it yourself."