Chapter 20 - It's Got To Hurt, Right?

🚨 THIS IS THE CHAPTER YOU'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR🚨

Guys this chapter is 9,600 words. You're going to be here for a while so get some snacks and a drink and get comfy!

It's full of laughs, steamy drama, tears and a surprise at the end 🥲

I love this chapter!! And you definitely will too 😊

Enjoy! Don't forget to vote and comment throughout

The base of the music pounded around us as we walked up the stairs

The base of the music pounded around us as we walked up the stairs. Roman's arm was wrapped securely around my waist and I held tightly onto my purse and the gift bag for Elías.

"Don't be nervous, Izzy." I felt his warm breath on my skin when he whispered those words to me just as we reached the VIP area.

The VIP area was actually the entire first floor. As soon as we reached the top of the stairs, my eyes landed on the bar off to the left and the numerous booths in the centre with dark green velvet seats.

Across, there was a private room. You had to go through a velvet rope and through a set of black curtains to see what was inside.

It seemed Roman and I had arrived fashionably late. For him it was probably fashionable to be late, for me it was overwhelming as hell when everyone turned to look at us.

Just like I'd expected there were a few groups of women who were watching. There were some guys and also his brothers.

"Come on." Roman guided me over to where Elías was standing with Alex and Lucero.

We walked past a group of women who were busy staring at everything to do with Roman and I. They looked at him, me, and then the way his hand was settled on my lower back.

I think Roman liked the attention, but the only thing I was feeling was regret. I regretted those extra slices of garlic bread I ate at the restaurant.

Was my food baby showing?

Okay, who am I kidding? I work too damn hard in the gym to have a food baby.

Thats what I told myself anyway when I saw one of the girls staring at my lower half.

Maybe she was staring at my ass? I mean, it did look good in this dress.

Or maybe she could tell I wasn't wearing underwear?

The anxiety that decision has caused me just shows I'm the kind of girl to spend my nights in bed with Mr Snuggles instead of going commando in a club.

As soon as we reached Roman's brothers and Alex, they all turned to look at us making the nerves return in full force.

Lucero quietly slipped away and went to talk to some other people. Meanwhile, Roman was the first to greet Elías giving him a bro hug. Then I handed him the gift bag.