Bonus Chapter - Pineapple Thmoothie

You'll love this one. Roman is such a girl dad 🥺🩷

 Roman is such a girl dad 🥺🩷

10 Weeks Later

"Shhh." I put my hand over her mouth for emphasis then I removed it to open the door.

"Thorry." Sofía giggled as I carried her from her overly pink bedroom into our dark bedroom.

"Mama is still sleeping." I whispered in her ear, taking her over to my side of the California king bed.

The room was pitch black, apart from that tiny gap between the curtains that allowed enough natural light for me to see where I was going.

"I mith Mama." She pouted, staring longingly at her mother's face as I put her down in my spot.

Isadora looked exactly how I felt.

There was a soft frown on her face and her skin was paler than usual. She was wearing my hoodie to keep warm after the shivers and chills she had last night.

"You can see her soon. Let her sleep, she had a long night." My wife had been up throwing up until 2am and, as promised, I was right there next to her.

Unfortunately for me, our three year old woke up four hours after we finally fell asleep.

"Mama thick?" Sofí frowned, looking between me and Izzy.

"Yes. But she'll be okay. Just be quiet and she'll be better when she wakes up."

She didn't seem convinced, but she nodded anyway.

"O-thay." Sofía shuffled across the bed in her pink pyjamas, carefully putting Mr Snuggles next to her Mama on the pillow. She knew how much Izzy loved Mr Snuggles.

A smile tugged at my lips when she carefully stroked Izzy's cheek the same way Izzy does to comfort her. Then she gently patted her Mama's cheek twice with her little hand.

After that she came back over to me, snuggling up into my arms. We lay there for a while in silence while I rested my eyes, lazily stroking her soft hair.

"Papa?"

"Hm?"

"Mama like pink?"

"Sí."

"O-thay." Sofí rested her head on my arm, tracing her finger over my tattoo.

A moment later she spoke again.

"Papa?"

"Hm?"

"Mama like green?"

"I think so, sí."

"O-thay."

I opened my eyes, looking down at my little girl. She had a frown on her face - the same kind she has when she's thinking really hard.