Chapter 23 - I'm All Alone

⚠️ This chapter deals with some triggering topics. Please read with caution. ⚠️

This chapter is sad but it's so important to their story. I hope you enjoy it ❤️

Thank you for reading!

No one could understand what I went through and I don't think anyone ever will

Six weeks passed by and I still cried every single night, and during the day too. Although, I couldn't cry at work so I had to try and hold it in then.

I guess people figured out something had gone down though; from the way I was currently fighting Jackson's lawyers trying to buy him out of our partnership in the gym and my changed attitude.

Apparently I'd 'changed' - according to multiple clients, my siblings and even my parents. Although, I wasn't sure how the hell they knew I changed when they barely knew me in the first place.

Of course I was different.

It took me about 2 minutes after I left the gym to realise I was in fact in love with Roman Ernesto Alvarez - or the man I thought he was anyway.

But he, Alex and Jackson betrayed me and lied to me, in one of the worst ways possible. They used my dead grandad to do it, earning a hefty profit in the process and probably laughing to themselves every time I cried over how much I missed him.

His grave wasn't even probably dug yet before they started using the gym as a front to sell drugs. Well it can't have been, because Alex told me the agreement was made long before he met me, but we only met the day my grandfather passed away when I was about to overdose in the gym.

So while I had a civil war going on at the gym, with Jackson trying to make every day of my life a misery, I was also struggling to even accept what had happened. I hadn't heard from him since I walked out of the gym that day. Although I was glad, part of me wished he would turn up at my house one day and beg me to forgive him.

But he never did.

Roman came into my life and changed every single thing about it. He made me smile and laugh. He made me feel cared for and worth something more than just a single lonely personal trainer with a social life worse than most old age pensioners.

At least they had bingo and karaoke nights to look forward to. I had late nights at the gym and weekends with my siblings. I loved them dearly but let's face it - having two teenagers as your best friends at the age of 23 is kind of pathetic.

But then he came along and he turned my life upside down in the most beautiful way. I finally felt excited for things, I felt like I had something to look forward to when I knew he was coming over. He listened to me, he made me laugh and he made me feel...alive, as cliche as that sounds.

He was my bestfriend. I can't even describe what it was like, even just for a few short weeks before everything fell apart. He came and stayed with me at night, I told him absolutely everything and we did so much together.