My responsibility

TW: mild threats of violence

'So what are you going to do about her?' Clint asked slightly reserved. 'Why are you being so weird?' She shrugged. 'Well I don't really want to make you mad whilst I'm flying a jet in the middle of nowhere, besides it's not really my business I just see how happy it makes you to finally have a little seeing as your-' he paused. 'What?' I asked slightly annoyed, his plan must have failed. 'Go on say it.' He muttered something under his breath before saying quietly. 'A caregiver.'

'How did you know about that?' I refrained from shouting so I didn't disturb the cute- the little in my arms but my face and tone showed my frustration. 'Fury told me, he asked if you had any plans because he knew Wanda needed help and your result could help on the mission. Look I won't tell anyone, I know how you feel about it so I'll still see you as the scary Russian you want people to see.' He teased.

After around ten minutes I heard Wanda give a slight sigh. 'Hey you awake?' I whispered she hummed into my neck. 'We're almost there look.' Wanda sat up to look out the window. 'H-Hi.' Wanda smiled at Clint. 'Hey kid, is Natasha taking good care of you?' Wanda looked at him puzzled. 'He means me my name is Natasha.' She nodded. 'Ya she is.'

'You didn't even tell her your name?' He laughed I shot him a look. 'N-na ta sh a.' She sounded out my name trying to say it. 'You can just call me Nat honey.' Clint raised his eyebrow. 'You must be really special kid only special people call her Nat.' I rolled my eyes.

We arrived back at s.h.i.e.l.d Wanda didn't want to be carried but she held my hand. 'Okay Wanda I need to speak to another friend can you sit here with Clint for a minute?' She sat on the chair next to Clint as I went to see fury. 'What's going to happen to her.' I asked skipping any normal communication or conversation we usually have. 'Well there's two options either someone will have to take responsibility for her or she will go into the system.' Fury explained I prepared myself for the next question. 'You knew she was a little didn't you? That's why you sent me, because of my result? You wanted me to become attached and be her caregiver. Well let me tell you something that test was a load of rubbish and was designed to scare everyone into behaving. I'm not a caregiver! I don't want a little! And I can't take the responsibility! So find someone else.' I huffed almost exhausted from my rant.

'Very well.' He smirked pushing a button on his desk. 'Miss Maximoff will be joining us after all. Take her for processing.' I heard a cry and scream from the hallway followed by Clint calling for me, I ran out into the corridor. 'NAT! OW STOP! NAT!' Wanda screamed.

'OKAY I'LL DO IT! SHE'S MY RESPONSIBILITY! NOW LET HER GO!' I shouted at fury he smiled. The agent was still dragging her down the corridor by her wrist I grabbed her other hand and stared at the agent. 'You better let go of her in two seconds or I'll break your arms.' Fury signalled for him to let go so let go of her and sped down the corridor. 'Wanda honey are you okay. Are you hurt?' I started looking for marks she pointed to her arm which was now all red and starting to bruise from where they grabbed her wrist. 'It's okay he's gone I won't let him hurt you again. Wanda how would you like to come stay with me and my friends?' She walked into my arms and nodded.

'Back to the jet I guess.' Clint announced. I held Wanda for a few seconds before taking her non-injured hand and walking with her out to the jet. 'You okay?' I asked as she just stared at the floor. 'Tank 'ou for saving me he was scary.' She smiled at me. 'He was a big meanie huh?' She nodded Clint turned around and smirked at how I spoke to her so I accidentally stepped on the back of his shoe causing him to almost fall. 'Watch it romanoff.' He warned I smiled at him. 'I didn't do anything did I Wanda?' Wanda giggled and shook her head. 'See I did absolutely nothing maybe you just need to learn to walk properly.' I winked at wanda and she did a cute attempt at a wink making her nose scrunch in the cutest way. 'You're adorable.' I gave her hand a squeeze and she squeezed back.

When we landed back home Wanda didn't want to get off. 'We'll protect you kid.' Clint smiled pulling out his bow. We saw a shadow fly past above us. 'Wanda get behind me.' I said shielding her. When it came past again Clint fired . 'Woah woah AHH.' A frantic Spider-Man came crashing towards the floor. A swirl of red caught him and lowered him to the ground. I look back to see Wanda smiling. Okay telekinesis too. 'Hey you're such a smart girl. Don't worry he's super nice, he's one of the nicest people on the team. Let's go meet him.' We walked over to him. 'You okay Pete.' He pulled of his mask. 'Yeah that was scary, thanks for catching me.' Wanda nodded. 'Wanda this is Peter, can you say hi?' Wanda waved at him he smiled and waved back.

'What are you doing out here kid?' Clint asked putting his bow back over his shoulder. 'Mr Stark got annoyed about having to pay someone for cleaning up all the webs so he's making me train out here instead.' He said brushing of all the dirt. 'Okay well we better get going, by the way Tony said you're in charge of getting snacks for movie night.' I explained he sighed but agreed.

'You ready?' I asked as I put my hand on the handle she gave me a quick nod so we went inside. 'Welcome back miss Romanov mr Barton and guest.' Everyone turned to see who it was. 'what's she doing here? I thought fury was going to deal with her.' Tony almost shouted as if Wanda couldn't here. 'She's staying Tony. Fury's orders so leave the poor kid alone.' He huffed. 'she killed almost fifty civilians for no good reason along with countless other things with ultron and hydra. she isn't just a poor kid. She's the scarlet witch and I have a right to not be happy about her staying.' He walked off leaving me with a teary eyed Wanda.