Mixed emotions

TW:flashbacks, panic attacks

"Wanda can you get off a second princess?" Natasha whispered. Wanda was about to protest but she gave up and moved without complaint. It was then she noticed tears in Natasha's eyes.

"Tasha?" Wanda asked but Nat stayed staring at the wall. "Tasha?" She asked louder placing her hand on the Russians shoulder. The redhead flinched shuffling away from the girl.

"Tasha scawy." The redhead looked at ger with tears starting to flow down her cheeks. "Wanda get out. G-get out."

The little looked at nat completely stunned. "Wha I do? I sowwy tasha."
The little assumed it was something she did but nat just backed away until she reached the bathroom.

Wanda did the only thing she could think of. "Cwint!" She screamed running to the main area. "Wanda?" The man stood up. "Everyone get out." The others left Wanda just stood there sobbing.

"T-Tasha." The little managed to get out through her cries. "What did she do? Was she mean to you? I swear to-" Wanda shook her head, holding out her hand. Clint took it and wanda ran with him to their room.

Wanda nodded for clint to go in, she followed behind. "Natasha?" Clint looked for her his face dropping when he saw her shaking body. he knelt down in front of her. "Breathe Natasha. You're going to be okay."

"Get- Wanda go." Natasha panicked. "I will deal with her just focus on you." Clint cupped the russian's face. "Youre not there Natasha, you're here with me." Wanda stood frozen. Not knowing what to do.

"Wanda, can you go wait in the living room for me?" Wanda looked to the door. "Tasha be otay?" Clint nodded. "Yeah she's just a little scared right now but you're too little to see this go put on a movie or something." Wanda nodded leaving the two in the bathroom.

Clint held Natasha until he knew she was okay. "Well you didn't try to kill me this time so I'd call that a success." Clint joked making nat crack a smile.

"I told wanda I loved her." Nat admitted looking at the floor playing with her fingers. "Is that why it happened?" Nat nodded. "I just felt so vulnerable, it brought me back to my training. I don't know how I feel or what to think.''

She was angry at herself for putting Wanda at risk, angry at herself for caring about Wanda as deeply as she did. She was scared for Wanda and what would happen to her. Yet she was so happy to think of all the hugs and love she got from the girl. She was sad that Wanda didn't have the start at life she deserved yet felt selfish that she was partly happy because she got the greatest possible gift from it.

"I don't want her to be like me. I love her and... I don't want to mess it up." Natasha burst into tears. Clint was surprised but he just wrapped his arms around her. "I won't let you mess it up." Clint stated. "Just feed her and give her cuddles and mini Tasha to play with she'll be fine." Nat chuckled at how realistic his advice was.

"What if they find her... am I hurting her? I don't want her to be in danger because of me. I have to many targets on my back. If they find her..." Clint shook his head. "She's a strong kid, plus you're forgetting I've witnessed your protective instincts first hand remember?" Clint showed the marks he got from falling out of the tree. "They wouldn't stand a chance, they would have to be insane to put themselves at risk to even think about hurting her."

"I guess that's true. I better clean up and check on Wanda. Thank you Clint." Clint gave his best friend a smile before leaving. Nat splashed her face with cold water and walked out.

"Hey princess." Nat kissed wanda's head from behind. "What are you watching?" Nat asked but she didn't get a response. Wanda just looked up at her with teary eyes.

"I sowwy." Nat gave her a confused look, why would she be upset? "What did you do?" Nat asked preparing herself slightly. "I nu no." Nat furrowed her brow. "Why are you apologising then?" Wanda looked away.

"You scawed of me?" Nat seemed insulted by the question. "No why would I? Oh." Nat sighed. "Baby I wasn't going to tell you this but, I had bad people in my life too." Wanda looked back at Nat. "They told me mean things and sometimes I believe them. They made me do bad things like what those bad people did to you. And sometimes I feel bad for them too." Wanda nodded now understanding how Natasha was always able to comfort her and how she trusted Wanda so quickly. They had something in common.

"I was scared that... I was going to hurt you." Nat teared up. "I've never cared for anyone like this before and I've never been so close to someone as I am with you and it's scary." Wanda nodded she knew what that felt like. She was scared after pietro and her parents that she could never love anyone again because they would leave her or die and she would be alone again. Or she would lose control of her powers and hurt pietro or Nat.

"Tasha never hur' me." Wanda smiled, she trusted Nat more than big her would like. "I love Tasha" Wanda knelt up on the couch and kissed Nat's cheek.

"Thank you Wanda." Nat pulled the girl in for a hug.