Meeting and making promises

Another somewhat happy chapter

"Alright princess we have to go to the meeting now." Natasha frowned taking the blocks out of the girls hands. "Mama." The girl whined. "Hey if we go to this meeting you need to be on your best behaviour. You have to listen to what I say, no whining or complaining." Wanda nodded with a frown. "If you don't I will take away your blocks and you won't get them back until tomorrow." Natasha lifted the girl onto her hip with a smile. "Come on baby."

When they arrived at the meeting everyone turned to look at the two. "Just in time, Maximoff, Romanov." Fury pointed out their seats so Wanda grabbed Nat's hand for comfort as they made their way over.

"Did none of your parents tell you it was rude to stare?" Fury warned to the others, leaning on the table. Wanda squeezed her mama's hand a little tighter.

As Wanda looked around at all the people it was hard not to cry she wanted to just curl up in her mama's lap and be protected from everyone. Natasha must have noticed this because she whispered in her ear. "You're doing so good. Mama's here babygirl, i love you so much." Whilst it did bring her comfort it didn't stop her wanting her mama to pick her up and shield her from everything, if anything it made it bigger and made her feel smaller.

"Mama." Wanda whined making everyone look at her. "Did you say something Maximoff?" Fury asked with a soft smile, expecting it to be a genuine comment. Wanda froze. "Are you okay Wanda?" Carol asked from across the table. The girl just sat there silently panicking.

Steve got Nat's attention and winked at her before kicking over the chair next to him. Everyone was distracted by the noise and turned to see what it was. "Sorry, supersoldier strength." He chuckled picking it up again giving enough time for Nat to take Wanda outside without too many people noticing.

Once they were out of earshot Wanda burst into tears. "I'm sorry honey I should've known it would be too much for you." The Russian frowned rubbing circles on her back. "Mama." Wanda frowned tugging on the Russians shirt. "I know come here." Nat lifted the girl into her arms and began swaying lightly. "You're okay." Nat whispered softly. "Let's go get your blankie." She felt a nod against her neck so continued to carry the girl.

"Look here's blankie." Nat smiled offering it to the girl. Wanda took it with a babble. "Baby if you sit on mama's lap and have cuddles can we go back to the meeting?" Once again Wanda nodded so Natasha carried her back to the meeting room and placed her down outside. "I will be right back baby" Natasha smiled kissing Wanda's forehead the girl let out a string of babbles and did grabby hands for her mama but to Natasha's surprise she's didn't make too much fuss about her mama leaving instead she just waited patiently for her to come back her left arm swinging slightly as she clung to her blanket.

"If anyone has anything negative to say about this you can say it to my gun and they will be the last words you ever say." Nat warned before going back to collect her little. When Natasha got outside she found Wanda with her fingers in her mouth babbling happily. "Ah ah no princess that's yucky."  Nat gently pulled wanda's hand away and replaced it with a pacifier. Wanda giggled happily as Natasha picked her up, her head soon meeting the Russians shoulder. "Come on babygirl." Natasha smiled as they walked back inside. A few gasps filled the meeting room as the two found their seat.

"Can I get back to the very important meeting or would you all like to carry on being idiots." Fury sighed. Everyone soon lost interest in what Wanda was doing and turned their focus back to the meeting.

"See baby girl it's not that bad." Nat whispered. "You're safe here baby." Wanda smiled at her mama.

"Alright guys you leave tomorrow at 9am." Fury announced. Natasha panicked she missed what he said before, she was too focused on her baby. "Steve can you help me?" Steve chuckled. "You weren't listening were you?" Nat shook her head. "I heard the plan but are all of us going?" Nat whispered and Steve paused.

"What?" Steve nodded to behind her, she turned to see fury. "No two you are not. You two are a registered pairing at shield therefore you get a certain amount of time off to bond or whatever. You have two weeks starting today, no paperwork, no missions." Fury stated before turning to leave. "Next time pay attention and you might understand the first time." Nat nodded slightly embarrassed. "Yes sir."

"Mama no go?" Wanda looked at the Russian with a hopeful smile. "No baby, I promise mama isn't going anywhere." Natasha smiled back. "Neither are you, you're going to stay with mama forever." She grinned placing her forehead to Wanda's. "Fo'wever." Wanda whispered back as she closed her eyes and enjoyed feeling so close to her mama.

It's still shorter than I would like but I'm not in the right place to write too much fluff right now I apologise. ❤️

Do you have any pairings you want in this book? Either relationship or cg x little?

Hope you somewhat enjoyed this,
Thanks for reading : )