More of an enemy

Wanda POV
I woke up this morning and I was big this time so I went to get my own breakfast. I decided to make eggs and toast seeing as it was supposed to be quick and easy. The egg wasn't cracking so I got frustrated and slammed it too hard and the yolk broke. 'Dammit.' I maybe should've used my powers but I didn't need anyone seeing them. 'It's okay I can have that one I don't mind.' I heard a soft voice behind me I turned to see Nat. 'Want some help?' I shook my head. 'No im good.' She nodded and sat on the counter. 'You might want to crack that egg soon or the other one will be cooked too early.' Nat joked noticing my nervousness. 'It's just hard to do it with you watching me.' It was a really bad excuse but it was all I could think of. Nat raised her eyebrow and smirked i sighed and handed her the egg. I was expecting her to tease me about it but she just cracked the egg, perfectly I might add before throwing it in the bin and washing her hands then hopped back up again. 'Thank you.' I mumbled before washing my hands.

'So can you cook anything else or just these amazing eggs?' I rolled my eyes at her. 'I can make other stuff, but my favourite thing to make is paprikash.' I smiled she nodded. 'You'll have to let me try it sometime.' Nat replied putting the bread in the toaster. 'I can do this myself you know.' I complained she hummed in response. 'So do you watch everyone cook or is it just me?' I asked defensively. 'What do you mean by that?' She asked equally as defensively. 'Just answer the question.' I said bluntly. 'Sometimes, by chance I'll go to hang out with someone and they'll be cooking so I join them, yes.' She stated staring at me as if she was studying me. 'So we're you planning on hanging out with me and I just so happen to be cooking or did you see me cooking so decide to stay?' I stared back. 'I don't know what you're trying to say.' I laughed and shook my head. 'Obviously you do, you clearly have a reason to stay. Is it because you don't trust me?'

'Why wouldn't I trust you?' I shrugged. 'I don't know maybe because I am a psycho teen who belongs in a cell for the rest of my life.' I snapped she shook her head slightly. 'Or is it because I'm a little?' I said it quieter so no one would hear. I saw her jaw clench. 'I knew it! Look I've managed by myself for years and no one cared so don't act like you care now.' I saw the nervous look on her face and I realised my eyes must have gone red I turned away squinting my eyes, a tear rolled down my cheek. 'Wanda.' She said gently reaching forward to touch my arm but I pulled away. 'Stop it! Stop pretending you care. Clearly you don't or you wouldn't have tried to give me to fury.'

'You're right I did, because I'm not responsible enough for this shit and clearly you don't want help. You don't want a caregiver, I don't want to be one and i never will so how about we just leave each other alone!' I shouted back 'FINE BY ME!' And stormed out.

I realised I didn't have a room so I sat in the hallway in the corner. 'Here's your toast you can stay in my room until yours gets sorted. make a mess or go through my stuff and I will kill you.' Nat said harshly placing the plate on the floor next to me. 'What about you?' I asked plainly but I secretly cared. 'You know that thing called a couch, I have one in my office.' She said still angry. 'That can't be as comfy as a bed though I can sleep somewhere else.' I tried to please her but she still seemed angry. 'Ive slept in worse places and no ones cared before so don't pretend you care now.' The way she used my words against me made it more painful.

'Put your hand here.' She pointed to the panel by the door. 'What does that do?' I asked standing in front of it. 'For fuck sake.' She grabbed my hand and pressed it against the panel. 'You can now get in to my room, let anyone else in there without my permission,
I will kill you.' I was starting to see a pattern in these rules she seemed to be a really private angry person. Either that or she just didn't like me. I thought we could be friend but now she seems to be more of an enemy.