Mirage of murders

This ones a bit angsty I apologise.

I guess I can't be that sorry if I willingly wrote and published it can I? Idk

TW: mentions death, blood, guns, explosions, war, fighting, nightmares.

It had been a few hours since the interviews with fury and Natasha was in her office working on reports whilst Wanda slept.

Pietro and Wanda ran through the streets dodging falling rubble as more buildings collapsed from the carnage of the bombings and shootings. "Hey!" A man shouted behind them. "Keep running." Pietro shouted from behind his sister. Wanda tripped over a rock and sliced her knee. "Wanda." Pietro wrapped his arms around Wanda to shield her from bullets before lifting her off the debris. "Remember what father said we have to keep running get on my back if you have to."

Wanda shook her head taking her older brother's hand. They ran in between two houses hiding in the dark. Wanda scraped her injured knee on the side of the building whilst slotting between them and went to cry. Pietro placed his hand over her mouth squeezing her hand gently. The two sighed with relief when the man ran past. "We have to move quickly." Pietro pulled Wanda further into the darkness between the houses until they reached their own.

Wanda walked inside holding on tightly to her brother's hand. Her parents were in the kitchen talking quietly. "Ah my dear children, we were so worried." Her mother kissed both of their heads. "I told you two to stay close." Oleg said firmly. "Sorry Papa, we got scared but look." Pietro pulled a loaf of bread out of his bag. "I got us some food and it isn't stolen this time."

Pietro squeezed Wanda's hand as another bomb whistled and the loud bang made Wanda flinch. Papa came over with a large smile on his face. It didn't hide his worry or fear at all, but it made Wanda feel infinitely safer. "A nice loaf of bread and a night with my family, what more could I need? Now what are we watching tonight?" Papa asked. He opened the briefcase full of DVD's.

"Wanda can pick." Pietro smiled feeling guilty for making her run and hurt herself. Papa put the disc in knowing Wanda's choice before she even made it. Wanda stared at the tv with such adoration people would be surprised she'd seen that episode over a hundred times. She got lost in every line or laughter that she soon forgot about the horrors just outside the window.

But she wouldn't forget for long..

She could never forget those awful sounds of the explosion or hearing her parents scream for their children. Wanda felt herself being pulled backwards under the sofa but when she turned she saw a man with white hair and holes in his chest.

"Pietro?" Wanda looked around she was no longer in her home. She was on the streets kneeling next to her brothers lifeless body.

"Natasha!" Wanda heard a voice behind her. "Clint where's Tasha?" Wanda looked at the man who was staring into the distance in complete shock. Wanda followed his eyes to see a familiar figure on the floor. "Mama?" Wanda whispered steady tears flowing down her cheeks.

She blasted everyone away with her powers landing next to the spy. "Mama please don't leave me." She placed a hand on the Russians cheek. "Please mama you promised. I need you, I'm yours remember? Always." Wanda collapsed into Nat's chest her hand wrapped around her waist. "always." Wanda heard a voice whisper. "Mama?"

Wanda heard a laugh behind her. "Look what you did Wanda, Pietro, Natasha, your parents all you do is kill people. They all died for you they would still be alive it wasn't for you, the scarlet witch."

One final gunshot was delivered to Natasha's head and her body shook at the impact before it went limp.

Wanda screamed until her lungs gave up.

Until someone's hands were on her shoulder.

"Wanda." The voice kept repeating he shoulders still being shook gently. "Wanda. Wanda. Wanda."

Wanda sat up panting and crying. "It's not real wake up." Wanda shook her head. It was real, the sounds, the blood it was all real it had to be." She felt two arms around her that she didn't recognise at first. "mama." Wanda sobbed. "mama hur' I wan mama." Clint sighed. "Wanda calm down take a deep breath" Wanda shook her head. "Mama hur." In her emotional state Wanda had managed to share part of her dream.

"Oh wow that's graphic for three o clock in the morning." Clint shivered.

"Wait? Is Tasha mama?" Wanda nodded tears still falling off her face. "Wanda she's not hurt, she's working in her office do you want to go see?" Wanda tilted her head. "Mama?" Clint nodded. "Yeah Mama, let's go see her." Clint carried Wanda to Nat's office.

When Nat saw Wanda crying in Clint's arms she tore off her headphones and ran to her. "Tasha bad dweam." Wanda cried reaching for the Russian. "Aw love I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry." Natasha kissed the little's temple. "Shh Tasha's got you love. Clint can you do me a favour and grab the blanket from my bed not the red one the other one." Clint nodded going to retrieve said blanket.

"Here angel." Natasha walked over to her office drawer and opened it. She pulled out a pacifier and handed it to her. "No." Wanda frowned. "I no baby." Nat raised an eyebrow. "You're not my baby?" Wanda looked shocked. "Ya I Tasha's baby." Nat nodded. "So you are a baby, you're my baby." Wanda frowned. "But be baby bad."

"Being little does not make you bad. My baby is not bad and my baby doesn't  care what other people think because she knows Tasha will protect her from anyone who is mean to her baby." Wanda nodded putting the pacifier in her mouth. "Good job baby." Nat kissed her forehead. "Lu you Tasha."

Clint came back with Wanda's blanket so Natasha sat down on the chair with Wanda against her chest and placed the blanket over the both of them. "You comfy?" Wanda nodded, Natasha put a movie on her laptop and the two sat in her office whilst Natasha finished her work, Wanda soon dozing off in her mama's arms.