9. Harry cold part 3

Sunday went over exactly like Saturday, a mix between sleeping, coughing, sniffling and taking medicine, then feeling better for a few hours and then feeling even worse after sleep.

It was Sunday and Harry had managed to sleep for 2 good hours. It was 5 pm now, so someone had to wake him up for dinner soon. Noone had the heart to do so, so they just kind of 'postponed' dinner to 8pm or something, when Harry would be awake. But Harry woke up 30 minutes after 5 pm and he groggily went downstairs.
Liam, Niall, Zayn, Louis, Gemma and Harry's mother Anne were sitting at the table all talking about something different. As soon as Harry stepped in, Gemma, Louis and Anne asked in unison: "How are you?"

Harry gave a so-so hand movement. He still couldn't talk and his throat was awfully sore. Everytime he tried to swallow his throat would burn and it felt like knives stuck in his throat. But other than that you could say that he was fine.

"You want dinner? It's ready we were just waiting for you to wake up", Anne said.

He gave a thumbs up and mouthed I'll try.

Anne nodded, and went to the kitchen to warm dinner up.
It was spaghetti and Harry usually would've eaten 3 bowls of it, but his throat was hurting so bad.
He pouted. He wanted to eat his spaghetti so badly, they tasted soooo good, but his throat just couldn't stop hurting.
"Does it hurt to eat, Hazza?", Louis asked with a full mouth.
Nodding, he let a tear leave his eye.
"Oh, don't cry, love. I know how you love eating spaghetti", Anne said sadly. "Come on, try a few more noodles."
He really tried and ate about 1½ noodles and when he swallowed it hurt him so much, you could see that. Suddenly he began to cough and he grimaced. Louis imagined how much it must've hurt Harry to cough when he couldn't even swallow. It was a coughing fit unfortunately and Harry was full on sobbing now. Anne took him upstairs and stayed with him until he fell asleep. Which was a pretty long time, exactly 3 hours. Finally Anne went downstairs when she realized that she didn't finish dinner. The boys were nice enough to warm it up for her right when she came downstairs. "Thanks boys", Anne smiled. "How's he?", Louis asked. "He's not too good, he has a very sore throat and he keeps sneezing and sniffling, but at least he's not coughing anymore. If it gets worse tomorrow I'm gonna go take him to a doctor", Anne explained, sighing. The boys nodded in agreement. "Can we please play fifa?", Niall asked after a while. "Of course, if you're not too loud. Remember, Harry's asleep", Anne warned. "We'll do that", Niall grunted while he got up and got the remote for the TV.
Niall was playing against Liam and of course Liam won. "Only because I let you win", Niall kept saying. "You say that every time I win", Liam laughed. "No, I don't" "yes you do, just admit you lost" "no" "okay then, prepare for a tickling round"
Liam ran after Niall and they both stumbled to the floor, Liam on top. Reaching under Nialls arms to Nialls tummy, Liam tickled Niall. Niall burst out in laughter, holding his mouth after remembering what Anne had told them. He tried not to laugh as Liam kept tickling him but he ended up laughing even louder as before so he quickly wheezed: "Fine, you won"
"Finally", Liam chuckled.

Then a Harry stood on the stairs, looking sleepily between the two and smiling tiredly. "Oh sorry mate, didn't want to wake you up.", Liam apologized.
"Its okay, wasn't gonna sleep for long anyway"
"How're you feeling", Louis asked.
"Better, I think. I think I can go tomorrow. I have to write an exam tomorrow anyway, and I don't wanna miss that.", Harry said, wincing as his throat burnt.
"Your health is more important, you know. Tests can be postponed, your health can't", Zayn said, making everyone jump, because they've forgotten that he was there. He was silent the last 3 hours or so, so noone paid attention to him (sadly).
Harry gave a look that said 'i know...let's see about tomorrow'. "Go to bed, get as much rest as you can for tomorrow. I know I can't persuade you to not go tomorrow", Louis said. Harry nodded and went back upstairs.

____________________

It was morning, 5 am, to be precise. Harry looked to the clock hanging on the wall. He would have an hour until someone would come to wake him up. He sighed, he knew he couldn't go back to sleep so this was going to be boring for him. But he was feeling much better, so that was a reason for him to go to his exam.

One hour later Anne came in and woke him up. Well she didn't exactly wake him up, he was already up but she turned the light in his room on and that things that mother's do when they wake you up. "You feeling better bub", Anne asked. He nodded, smiling. "Alright, jus let the boys take care of you in school today", Anne said in a serious tone. Harry gave her an odd look and Anne apologized: "sorry, I meant college but you know what I meant" Harry nodded once more and he threw his blanket on the other side of his bed. "And don't forget your coat", Anne reminded him.

After some breakfast they boys stood at the door and were ready to go together. Harry was wearing Gemma's coat and was wrapped up in scarfs. Though the other lads didn't look different.

When they arrived many students were already making their way to the classes. Harry said goodbye to his friends and walked with Zayn to his class. His first class was with Zayn and he was kind of glad that Zayn was around to help him. "My coat", Harry said, as they walked into Harry's classroom he sat in on Friday. Harry picked it up and put it around his chair.
The first lessons wasn't interesting, the teacher wanted something and asked Harry to answer but Zayn took over, explaining that he had lost his voice due to sickness. It made Harry blush slightly but the teacher just said: "oh no, feel better soon Harry" Harry gave a thumbs up.

The exam was from the second until the 4th period and Harry was doing great actually. In the break they all had together they met in the cafeteria. Liam immediately reminded Harry to take his meds, since he was still coughing from time to time and his sneezing and sniffing were far from stopping too. When he swallowed them down he grimaced, not only at the pain, but also at the taste. He made a fake gag, making the others laugh out loud. "So how was the exam?", Louis asked. Harry smiled. "I'll take that as a 'it was good'", Louis giggled. Harry nodded giggling too. "What is it with you two", Niall sighed, but also smiling.

They helped Harry get through the day and Harry had to say, he was so tired after, he could have slept on the floor without even caring. Anne made him rest and after a week Harry was feeling his best again, ready to joke with his friends again.

________________

Sooooo

The ending kinda sucks

This is the longest fic I've ever done in my life...I like it

Thanks to Beckyxx06 again for the idea I had a great time writing this

Have a good...wherever you are

Or whenever you read this😉