16. All the boys-car crash

(Harry's PoV)
When I woke up I hurt all over. It was sore and I couldn't move an inch. Even though I felt like I was fully awake I still couldn't open my eyes. For some reason I could hear and feel everything but I couldn't see. It became rather annoying quite quickly, as I was bored. Yes, I was hurt and tired, but that still doesn't mean I wasn't bored.
At some points I could hear doctors saying medical things. Wait. Did they- oh God. They said I'm in a coma. Oh shit. This is what a coma feels like? Bro that sucks. It's like you're invisible. Everyone ignores you. Simply because you can't move or say anything. Niall was here a few times I think. He said some nice things about the boys and explained what happened. He held my hand the whole time. He mentioned that we were in a car crash and Zayn, Liam and himself were well and Louis was also resting in the ICU.
Also the boys gave me daily updates to what happened or what's happening with our band and stuff right now. Niall came often, he sounded broken and sad. It broke my heart too. But he said something that shocked me. He said that the doctors were ready to pull the plugs if I didn't wake up by end of this week.

A warm hand broke me out of my thoughts.

"Hey Harry love"
I recognized the voice immediately and my heart sped up a little. Louis was here, and he was holding my hand.

"I don't know if you can hear me but the doctors assumed you can", he said in a warm loving tone.

"You've been in a coma for a month nearly. It's 4th June now by the way. And it's 7pm right now. I thought you should know if you can hear me. I want you to wake up so badly boo. I miss your morning voice. I miss your jokes. I miss you stumbling over everything. I miss your love. I love you Hazza", he said and I felt a tear slip onto my wrist. I could hear the pain in his voice so clearly it almost scared me. I wanted to tell him that I loved him too but I couldn't. I tried to move at least something. And it worked. My finger didn't make it far, but Louis felt it. I was bopping my finger up very slowly.
"Can you hear me", he said hopefully, the pain in his voice gone all of a sudden. My heart sped up more, Louis must have heard it from the heart monitor I was hooked up to. He squeezed my hand and I did all I could to squeeze it back. I took a big breath in and swallowed. I heard Louis push the button to call the nurses. Then I coughed and I had to gag out of reflex. There was a tube down my throat and I couldn't cough it out. I kept on coughing, begging for air to come in until I felt the tube being removed. I took some moments to breath the sweet air in.

"Haz?", Louis asked quietly.
A grunt came out of my mouth and I tried to open my eyes. They fluttered but I did it.

I did it.
Hah.
I did it.

"YOURE AWAKE", he whisper-yelled with tears in his eyes. Happy tears, of course.
I nodded, my eyes wide. I still had to process what had just happened.
He pulled me into a hug and I slowly put my arms around him too. That was hard by the way. I haven't moved in a month and lifting my own arm felt somewhat wrong. Then a nurse knocked.

"Hey. You called?"
"Um yeah, he's awake", Louis said, smiling widely.
"Oh, that's great Mr. Styles!", the nurse said, looking back to me.
I just blushed a little and smiled.
"I'll send someone right away", she hurried out. Not much later a doctor stepped in, smiling.
"I'm so glad you're awake Mr. Styles!"
I nodded again.
"I have a question first. Did you hear your band mates talk to you?", he asked, really interested.
I nodded.
"Wow. But let's focus on now. Does anything hurt?" I shook my head.
"Just a bit sore", my voice cracked.
"That's expected. You've been laying in this bed for a month so..."
"Well, you've been in a car crash, as you probably know already. You've broken your legs, both of them and you had massive blood loss from your chest. It was cut open and we brought you in surgery almost immediately. We thought it went well, until you slipped into a coma. Since then we've been trying to get you awake. I see the first allowed visit of your boyfriend has done it.", he chuckled at the last sentence.
"We were ready to pull the plugs if you didn't wake up by Sunday but luckily you did", he smiled.
"What I wanna do is a few checkups to make sure everything is still alright. Then you can be released. I think Friday evening is a good time. Are you able to take him home then?", he asked, looking to Louis.
"Of course. I'll be here with him every day anyway, so yeah.", Louis said eagerly.

Then I was wheeled away for many tests.
After them I was really tired and I fell asleep before Louis could say anything.

I woke up and saw a nurse sitting beside me. "Oh hey there. I am doing physical therapy with you every morning", she said. It was sudden, but I couldn't care less, if I would be able to go home.
She started a few exercises. It went on and on until 1 pm. It was hard but she said I could maybe try tomorrow to get on my feet already.

Next morning

I tried getting up. It was hard but with the help of the nurse, her name was Yuna, I made a few steps. She was so happy and hugged me. Louis clapped and kissed me on the cheek when he came in.

Friday

I was ready to go home. Louis packed everything and I slowly walked out of the room. I smiled, waving to Linda, a girl I met when I had to wait for the tests. She waved back and I walked out of the hospital together with Louis. Outside were Niall, Zayn, Liam, Gemma and mom. They ran to me and all hugged me. I laughed and let a few happy tears fall out.
When we got home we ate cake, watched TV and just enjoyed the time together.
Sometimes you don't notice the things you need until it's gone. It doesn't have to be gone forever to make you realize that it's important to you. When it comes back it just reminds you of how lucky you are.

----------------------

Heyyyyyy
I know this took long but here's the last part

I hope you liked it

I wanna thank you all again for the support

Have a happy ... wherever you are
~D

P.s. I might update this and fill in a few details I didn't put in