17. Louis sleepwalking

This was a request from MajaAvocado so here you go! Btw I never would have considered writing about sleepwalking so massive thanks for the idea!
I hope you enjoy <3

~D

Have a great ... wherever you are!
____________________________

Louis once had an ear infection when he was little. He went to the doctor, but the doctor treated him with the wrong medications. Since then he has been sleepwalking almost everyday. It tires him out, and since he never remembers what he's done in the night, it annoys him as well. Everyone around him knows better to not mention it.
But lately they've gotten so much stress that his sleepwalking got worse. Noone wanted to bring the topic up but one night changed that.

(Nialls PoV)
I was sleeping deeply. I had a dream about me eating 10 bars of chocolate and bananas with chocolate sauce. It felt so good. Then a noise woke me up. I opened my eyes to a sleepy Louis standing beside my bed in the bus. His eyes were glossy and held no emotion. I immediately knew that he was sleepwalking.
"Louis, what are you doing here?", I asked, even though I knew the answer.
"Mhhhghh", was the answer I got.
"What do you want?", I asked again.
"Wah ih ya beh", he slurred.
I assumed that he wanted in my bed but I was very tired. And I needed my space because I had claustrophobia.
"Sorry Louis but I can't do that", I said quietly.
"Wahhhhhhh!", he said, a bit louder now.
"But I can't, you know what can happen Louis", I said calmly.
"But I wah!!", he almost screamed. Luckily it woke none of the boys up.
I declined once more, but Louis just hit my hand and plopped onto me. I let him lay on my chest. I saw him snuggle in and fall asleep again.
Yeah, fuck claustrophobia.
I couldn't sleep no matter how hard I tried, because I felt faint and I was struggling to breath calmly. I managed to fall at least half asleep though, so it wasn't that hard dealing with it.

Next morning

I woke up to a weight to my chest. When I opened my eyes I saw Louis resting on my chest. The bed was very small, I might add. The room was too. I mean - it's a bus for 5 people. My breath hitched and I felt faint again. Louis groaned and woke up too.
"Oh shit Niall sorry", he said quickly. He looked confused, annoyed, and sorry at the same time.
I just nodded, unable to speak due to my erratic breathing. I tried to get up but once I was on my feet dark spots filled my vision and I fell into the blackness.

When I woke up I was laying on my bed.  It was completely quiet. I sat up and tried to stand up. It wasn't that hard and I slowly walked to the 'living room' of the bus. There were the boys, sitting and playing cards.
"Oh Niall do you feel better?", Harry asked once I stepped in.
I nodded.
Louis looked to the ground, ashamed.
"It's no problem Louis, it's not your fault. It's the shitty doctor not you okay?", I assured Louis, rubbing his back.
"I only passed out because I couldn't sleep all night. You came into my room and wanted to sleep in my bed so badly and I just felt a bit uneasy okay? It's nothing to be worried about yeah?"
He nodded, a tear slipping across his cheeks.
"They've got worse lately, probably because of the stress, but we should get a hold of a good doctor. I'll ring Paul, he'll know what to do", I said calmly while rubbing his back again.
He nodded again.

Paul wanted that I went with him to the appointment he made for us.

"Louis, come on, we gotta go"
"I know", he sighed.

"You know I'm not gonna make fun of you right?"
"Yeah"

Soon we arrived at the doctors.

"Louis Tomlinson?"
"That's us"
"Ah, come with me"
He led us to the last room of the corridor.

"I see you have problems with sleepwalking?"
He nodded, looking to the ground again. I could tell that he wasn't comfortable by the way he was fidgeting.
"Since when do you have it?"
"He's been doing it since he was 7. A doctor gave him wrong meds for his ear infection and since then he's been sleepwalking almost every day. Lately it's been getting worse though. We're having much stress 'cause we're on tour.", I explained quickly.
The doctor nodded.
"Seeing as you've dealt with it pretty long I trust you to know the doses right?"
I nodded.
"Okay, I'll give you this", he held up a bottle of pills in the air.
"He should eat one of them each night. The sleepwalking episodes should lessen. Come back next week for a checkup."

We quickly ended it there and drove home.
"You can't change it, and it's not your fault, remember that", I said. I noticed that sleepwalking was and always has been his one and only insecurity. Well he also doesn't like his own voice when he sings, but he covers that up well.

Next week

"Thank you doc, they've helped me so much", I could see the joy in Louis' eyes.

The sleepwalking episodes have lessened and I've been getting more sleep so there was nothing to worry about anymore.