Undercover

Yutang was silent for some time.

Then he asked, "what? Yunlan.... You agreed with father? "

Yunlan squinted his eyes, "did I have another choice? That's the only way to hold this case. "

Yutang is not convinced at all. His displeasure did not go away.
Yunlan asked, "Yutang... If you ask Zhan Zhao... What do you think he will choose? "

Yutang knew the answer. Of course, Zhan Zhao would choose to save his brother.

If they really had two choice, then he knew what everyone will agree on. And specially, rescuing Shen Wei is everyone's main intention from the first.

Yutang nodded dejectedly.

Yunlan patted his shoulder, "it's fine. We have time to think of a way out. "

The next day was the first hearing. And it went terrible.

Since they had no solid proof, Yunlan tried to distract the case through trivial evidences he got, through several unimportant aspects that probably nothing to do with case. But that method, in no way, could guarantee Shen Wei's safety. He was still being framed and behind the bars.

It is only Yunlan's diversion technique which created doubt in the Judge so he didn't declare his announcement against Shen Wei. But Yunlan knew that this method won't last till the next hearing. He need something profound if he wants to free Shen Wei.

Zhan Zhao, Yunlan and Yutang sat depressed together. They can't find a break out in any way.

Yunlan broke the silence, "Yutang... We don't have time. Let's interrogate Shao family. "

Yutang looked up with confused eyes, "and how do you plan to do that? "

Zhan Zhao was silent. Then he hesitantly said, "I will try.. "

Bai Yutang frowned at Zhan Zhao.
"Kitty cat, how would you do that? "

Zhan Zhao said a little excited, "You see,when I went to the market, I saw two servants of Shao family. I could ask them something... Just casually. They don't know me! "

Yutang leaned towards Zhao, "How do you know that they are the servants of Shao family? "

Zhan Zhao scratched his head, "its because of the vendor. You see, the people of the market like to gossip very much. The vendor was asking them about this case. Everyone knows about it since it was reported on the television. The vendor was very aggressive because a kid was nearly harmed. He told them to send condolences to the family and wished for the kidnapper's punishment... " Zhan Zhao's voice lowered significantly as he completed the sentence.

"Well the kidnapper should be punished for sure... But not Shen Wei." Yunlan smiled at Zhan Zhao.

"Then let's do this. Kitty, let's try to uncover some hidden facts about the family. Not a official interrogation but from a point of view of a mere interested bystander. " Yutang said, slightly slapping Zhao's back.

Zhao yelped in surprise. Then his both hands formed little fists and he said "I can do it. "

Bai Yuatng smiled at that.
Yunlan could tell Yutang's eyes were exceptionally fond when he is looking towards Zhan Zhao. He lit a cigarette and came outside, living the two ofthem in their own worlds.
He sighed and muttered thinking of Shen Wei, "Why only good people has to go through sufferings? "

The next morning, Zhan Zhao was nervous. His hands were sweating without any reason as his eyes kept checking if Yutang and Yunlan arrived or not. He was standing a few meters far from the market, pacing back and forth.