Forty-Five

You are back to reality.

No longer in Hunter x Hunter

No longer in the anime world.

You are back safe, safe away from adult Gon and Killua.

"Was that all a dream?"

You get a response to your rhetorical question.

"No, it is reality, sweetheart" you stare at the pretty man with wide eyes, getting flustered quickly.

"Who are you?" He pouts at your demand.

"Forget me already, can't blame you now that I look like my true self" Hayate smile when a look of realization appears on your face.

But it quickly disappears as soon as you utter the next words.

"Ryu?"

"Ryu? no, it's Hayate, honey" he spats, feeling disgusted that you thought that he was Ryu.

"What happened to Ryu?" you stand up from your bed.

"He is good, our boss has decided to change him, so he can take care of a more important client, so now I'm in charge of you"

His words sound so fake to the point where it made you more worried about Ryu.

What if he is in danger? If Hayate was speaking the truth...

...it doesn't hurt your feelings, as long as Ryu is Ok, this is what matters.

However, Ryu warned you about Hayate, therefore you are sure he is lying.

"What happened to Ryu? What did you do to him?!"

Your fear rises when Hayate's expression changes into a wicked one.

"What if I did something?" He moves closer to you until he is standing a few inches away from you.

"What is a little weak human like yourself going to do to save our dear poor Ryu" he mocks a pouting expression.

As much as you hate to admit this, you know that he is correct.

"What happened to Ryu?" you repeat.

Hayate sighs, hating to see you upset over his arch-nemesis.

"He is getting punished for dating you" you frown.

"Wait, it is wrong to date your client? Ryu said it was ok"

Indeed, you remember Ryu telling you that it was alright.

"If you want to help him, you have to be my client" you narrow your eyes at him

"So, why didn't you just transfer me to another anime universe"

The dark-haired traveler walks over to the books shelf and picks up a book from your collections.

"I don't do anime and manga, I rather prefer books" your eyes widen.

"So what do you say we transfer you to..."