Forty-Nine

"Have you not been listening, I don't know the king, I don't know you!" You say, pushing the magician away from you.

"You just don't remember," Lucas says, looking at you with furrowed eyebrows.

"Or the fact that it didn't happen in the first place-"

The magician cuts you off by placing his pointer and index finger on your forehead.

Many memories start hurriedly entering your mind.

All of them of you and your time in this universe.

Now, you understood what Lucas and Claude meant.

You have been here before when you were fifteen when Claude was fifteen.

But...someone wiped those memories from your brain.

"I...have been here, with you, with Claude...what is going on?"

Lucas grabs you to prevent you from falling as your knees feel weak all of a sudden.

You were indeed engaged to Claude, and Lucas was your best friend.

"I don't know what is going on either, but I think someone has been playing a game on you"

You nod your head slowly, trying to process as much information as you could.

Maybe Ryu knows what is going on, oh wait, he can't reach you in this realm.

So, when you see Hayate, you will have a lot of questions to ask.

"Are you not going to give me a kiss?" Lucas asks, leaning towards your face.

However, you push him away quickly.

"No, we are just friends"

The dark-haired magician rolls his eyes at you in mockery.

"Keep telling yourself that" you raise an eyebrow.

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"A lot of things that require your brain cells to work"

Instead of being insulted by his response.

You take it to another level.

"Well, my brain cells were and still are working well enough when I decided that we stay friends"

❁𑁍❁𑁍❁

"Where is (Y/n), Hayate?" Ryu demands.

Hayate is tied up with strict magical ropes, preventing his escape.

"Somewhere you can't reach, Ryu" the dark-haired traveler exclaims with a sadistic smirk.

Ryu has been searching for you everywhere in the anime universes, yet did not find you anywhere.

"Where is she?" Ryu says with a threatening tone, placing the dagger against Hayate's skin.

"Even if I told you that, you can't travel into books, and you know that, right?"

Hayate's face is now closer to Ryu's with a sick grin.

"I sent her to 'who made me a princess' universe" Ryu shook his head slightly.

"But I can" Hayate's eyes widen slightly.

"What do you mean you can? There is no way you can!"

Ryu chuckles slightly, before standing up and patting Hayate on the head as if he was a young child.

"I got promotion from the Boss, to travel book universes"

Ryu says, before satirically poking the boy's forehead.

"While you are going to get locked up and stripped out of your powers for killing your twin and breaking the rules"