A day we'll never forget

A/n: play the song later

Time skip(2 months)

Nat's POV:
"Come on Y/n, stop hiding! I thought you're great with weaponry?!" I shouted while walking through the maze in hopes to find Y/n cowering behind the structures

Y/n and I have been going on dates ever since she recovered from coma tho it's not frequent, we only go maybe once a week or if we're both busy, once every other week and luckily for us, we're making this dating thing work, the team were suspicious of our constant 'hangouts' even questioning our friendship but we haven't put a label on us yet, I don't think one of us even cared about that right now we're too caught up in our little world.

" I am, but you're a master assassin. You are an expert at this and my ego will be bruised badly if I lose" clutching the paintball gun closer to my chest I tried to locate where Y/n is hiding "you should've thought about that before you chose this for our date night дорогая" when I rounded the corner I saw Y/n crouching down, few meters from me looking around frantically holding her paintball gun tightly, I'm still out of her line of sight so seeing this as an opportunity to take her down, I aimed at her chest, we're both wearing proper gears and a vest so it won't hurt that much, I was about to pull the trigger but she spotted me. She fired once but my reflexes were quick and I managed to hide in time giving her a chance to run. With her laughing uncontrollably it was easy for me to trail after her, but dear lord she was fast, thinking of a better strategy, I climb up some crates and positioned myself ready to shoot when Y/n passed by. She's still running periodically looking behind her to see if I'm following when she felt I wasn't, she started to slow down when she was close enough to where I am, I aimed at her again holding my breath hoping my aim is right then I pulled the trigger.

Time skip

"What you did back there was cheating you know?" After the paintball match, Y/n drove us to a field to have a picnic. She's still pouty about me beating her. "I prefer 'a good strategy' better" I shrugged picking up my can of soda to drink "look! My skin is still red and it stings!" Y/n continue to whine pointing at an area on her chest just below the collar bone while I put back our things in the picnic basket "солнышко, it'll go away in a few hours, it's not that bad" I strode back to the car to put the basket away when I see small easels, paints, and brushes in the trunk. "Y/n what are these for?!" I took one of the easels and waved it to Y/n who's still sitting on the blanket we laid out on the grass "Bring them over here we're going to paint!" I did as I was told and grabbed everything that I thought is needed then shut the trunk before wandering back to Y/n.

Play the song here replay it after if you like :)

We sat there in calmness doing our own thing, basking under the sun, looking in each other's way from time to time giving little smiles or funny faces as if we're both saying that we aren't ignoring one another but simply enjoying the silence and serenity this day is offering

For the past few months, I've known Y/n I tend to learn a little bit more about her and every detail makes me adore her more.

"This is nice..." I spoke up glancing at Y/n who is lost in her concentration making me admire her side profile "yeah it is..." She nodded briefly "are you bored yet?" She added setting her easel down giving me her full attention. "No, of course not, I am enjoying this very much actually. We get to escape our crazy world for a while to be..." I trailed off not finding the right words to say "normal?" Y/n suggested shuffling closer moving a few things out of her way so she could lay her head on my lap, by this time my painting is already drying up next to me "hmm you could say that" weaving my fingers through her y/h/c hair I found myself studying her face like I always do way too many times ago