Help from a Friend

Nat's POV:
It's over, we're over, the thing I've been dreading finally came about and I don't know how to fix this or if I can still fix this. It's been three days since our argument and our break-up, it breaks my heart a little more every time I remember her saying those words, it's been three days and I never left the house my phone is blowing up probably because of Wanda or anyone from the team but I just can't bring myself to answer it, it's as if the moment Y/n left she also took my energy and my will to do anything.

"Okay I've had enough of this Nat get up you look like shit" speaking of the little devil, Wanda barged into my room and pulled the covers away from my body making me shiver from the cold, I curled up in a ball providing myself some warmth facing away from Wanda.

"How the hell did you get in here, I don't remember giving you a spare key" I groaned when she opened the curtains, the sunlight blinding me, I rolled on my back to hide my face from the sun

"I have powers who said I need a key?" Wanda retorted as if it's a matter of fact and now standing in the middle of the room with both her hands on her hips, looking not so pleased with my situation.

And as expected Wanda forced me out of bed to shower and eat but none of it made me feel better even for a bit, everywhere I look I can see Y/n, I was mindlessly playing with the necklace she gave me thinking about every memory it holds, and with that my visions started to blur as the tears threatened to fall, my heart just simply can't take it anymore, I never anticipated that it will hurt this much I feel like something died in me.

"Care to tell me what exactly happened?" I was startled by Wanda who's back is facing me as she's doing the dishes, I didn't answer as I don't know where to start

"Well I want to ask Y/n but she's causing havoc in the compound trying to find her still missing sister, I can't also talk to your sister, she's in the same mood as Y/n, they're kinda scary you know?" She started again now with a lighter tone to cheer up my mood, then breathed out when I gave her no reply. As much as I wanted to help them find Luciane, I know that seeing me will be the last thing Y/n wants right now. So I'll stay here and soak in my misery until I can find the right thing to do.

"Come on Nat...you can't keep running from this, your relationship can't fix itself alone"

"I know Wanda, I just don't wanna deal with anything right now" All I want right now is to be with Y/n, to lay on her chest listening to her heartbeat as I tap my fingers following, to hear her voice and say that she loves me or to kiss her and hug her, I want to look into her eyes and tell her how much I love her, I miss my girl, my sunshine. I miss my Y/n.

"Fine, but you're coming to the compound with me today, and no I'm not asking you, I'm demanding, your girl needs every help she can get."

POV SHIFT

Y/N'S POV:
Three fucking days and still not a single lead to where my sister is, my patience is wearing thin so does Yelena's, we have arguments sometimes but Tony will be quick to remind us of what we're here for tho the team is helping us neither one of them have a clue to where Luciane is or who took her.

As per my girlfriend - I mean my ex- Natasha, I haven't heard from her who knows maybe she's watching my every move right now but I could care less, Wanda tried talking to me about her since she said it was pretty obvious on my face that not only my twin sister's situation is what makes me all cranky but when she realized that I won't tell her anything she lets go of it which I'm grateful for since I don't want to deal with a heartbreak right now not when my twin is out there expecting me to save her.

I'm running out of options to the point that I'm considering the possibility of calling her, I know she can help me with this but we haven't talked ever since that night "Y/n we don't have any choice, we need every help we can get right now, every second that Luciane is out there the bigger the chance that she's in greater danger than she already is" Yelena pleaded looking at me with puffy bloodshot eyes

With a heavy breath, I know Yelena is right so I didn't bother arguing and I picked up my phone to dial her number and she picked up on the first ring "Hey Y/n, never expected you'd call, are you in trouble again?" Her tone might be joking but I still can hear a glint of worry in it

"Uh hi Maria, no no I'm fine but I could really use your help, can you come to the compound please?"

POVSHIFT

Maria's POV:
The moment I set my foot on the airport's entrance arriving from a mission overseas my phone rang with Y/n's name on it, the last time I heard from her was when I took her to Tony after I found her in that alley near the bar downtown, I can remember her panic-filled face as she trembled looking down at her bloody hands, I was about to turn her in to S.H.I.E.L.D. even made a crime report on her but after she told me what happened I can't help but pity the girl and think that those agents deserve whatever Y/n did to them, Tony saw great potential in her and decided to take her in under his wings.

I know that Fury has a hint that Y/n is the suspect and they're probably following her everywhere but with the mission that made me suddenly go off the grid for a while I didn't get the chance to warn Y/n and now she needs my help so I have a strong feeling that this has to do with what happened three months ago if not then whatever it is I'll do everything to help her.

I went straight to the compound not bothering to change or go home, Y/n's voice encased with anxiety and worry is enough for me to know that whatever is happening it's a serious matter.

"Maria! Oh God, I missed you! Thank you, thank you so much for being here" As soon as I got into the compound Y/n practically threw herself on me making me stumble a bit keeping the both of us steady. "I missed you too Y/n" I let go of the hug to look at her.

We catch up a bit before she tells me what happened, she told me about her sister that I wasn't aware existed since she told me before that she's got no family left but knowing Y/n I know she's just trying to protect her sister, she also told me about Nat, starting from when they started dating till their break up, I feel bad about her,  I can feel she's hurt and mad but I can see it in her eyes, the yearning and love she feels for Natasha
I  should have warned her about Fury but I didn't get the chance to do so, I don't know how Fury found the copy of the crime report of those agents that I listed as missing but Fury's not dumb he'll find everything out eventually but that's not our main concern right now.

As we were talking Wanda walked in with Nat behind her, she looks miserable and didn't even try to hide it, I looked at Y/n only to see that she's facing the other way but is aware of who just walked in judging by how tense she is and her glistening eyes.

The two walked to us and greeted me while Y/n tried her best to avoid them or mainly Nat trying to hold back her tears "Hi..." Nat directed to her weakly but Y/n didn't say anything let alone acknowledge the redhead's presence

"I'll be in my lab if you need anything Maria" she gathered her things and stood up

"Please Y/n... I want to help" Natasha said a little louder making Y/n stop in her tracks, she turned around glaring at Natasha with a clenched jaw and furrowed brows
Both Wanda and I just stood there watching the conversation unfold ready to interfere if things go sideways.

"Well I don't want  your help, I don't need  your help so do me a favor and fuck off!" She declared through gritted teeth pointing at Natasha before storming out to her lab.