Fury

Natasha's POV:

"I said I quit! Nick, I don't want to keep going behind Y/n's back, I'm not continuing this mission anymore" it's true, a lot has changed ever since Y/n and I started dating and I don't want to ruin everything because of this stupid mission if I'm going to get information about Y/n then this isn't the right way to do it.

"Fine, you're out of this but Sharon will take over" he shrugged "what no! You can't do that, you can't investigate a person without a reason and why Sharon?!" he chucked a folder on the table in front of me dismissing my outburst "Oh we have every reason to find out who the hell your girlfriend is" Fury snapped glaring at me.

"the hell is this?" I picked up the folder with files of S.H.I.E.L.D agents in it "who are these people and why are you showing them to me?"

"Those people disappeared a few months ago, no one knows where they went the last place they were seen was at a bar downtown" Sharon entered the room and stood alongside Fury

flicking thru the papers of the five missing agents
"Okay...what do you want me to do, conduct a search party for them?"  I retorted sarcastically while Fury gave me an eye roll and shifted his weight from one foot to another crossing his arms "I don't see any need for that since they're already six feet under the ground having tea parties with maggots"

"How long?" putting the files down and sliding them back to Fury who's now sitting across from me with Sharon copying his moves "three to four months"  Sharon chimed in, "coincidence? I think the fuck, not Romanoff" Fury leaned into his seat. I know what he's on, Y/n showed up here three months ago, and under Tony's protection the exact time these agents vanished. " any other information about them?" I waved my thought away before it could go somewhere else and nodded to the files waiting for either of them to answer.

"We went to their families and asked but none of them gave us anything, we tried the bar but the people's mouths are tightly sealed as well, tho we noticed something" Sharon pulled out her phone showing me two photos being compared "it's the same bar, one was two months back and the other is now, how can a bar that's about to shut down immediately turned into that, every single furniture, flooring, everything in that place is new"

"Maybe they applied for a Bank loan?" I reasoned out

"Of course they applied for a loan" Fury scoffed sarcastically

"Then why are we still talking about this?" Seriously I don't know why we're having this meeting or whatever this is, it's pointless and I should be visiting my girlfriend right now not seating here and talking about dead people and a bar that suspiciously went from an old ragged place into a luxurious one"are you really that blind now Natasha? You're smarter than this come on make that brain work" I know what he's about, he's implying that Y/n might be a suspect since the timeline meets but that's not enough Fury knew that "you can't point at Y/n as a suspect, yes the timeline aligns but we don't even know if she was in that bar the night these agents died"

"And what about the bar?" Sharon asked

"They didn't apply in banks for a loan we already checked" Fury muttered under his breath

"But you agreed when I proposed the idea...what are you on Nick?" God this man and his confusing mind is driving me insane sometimes

"Stark." He started simply

"Tony? Are you telling me that Tony Stark has something to do with this?

He just shrugged saying
"That's where Sharon comes in she'll take over this case don't worry you're out of this but you can still help if you like, it's up to you really" Fury knows my curiosity will get the better of me soon.