Chapter 2

Perrie's POV:

The cold air sends a shiver down my spine as the cab door opens and my favourite brunette steps inside.

"Omg, Pez, today is the day! Jed is finally coming." This past week, I have spent every moment I could with Jade to stop her from missing Jed too much.

After her drunken breakdown, I don't really know if she is still committed to their relationship. But right now, she seems so happy I'm doubting the breakdown even happened.

"I'm picking him up from the airport at noon and then, I'll be back at the studio as fast as possible." There is a light blush on her cheeks from the cold and excitement.

"Jade, I've told you a thousand times that you don't have to come back to the studio right away. Just spend your afternoon with Jed. You deserve it."

Jade smiles softly at my words. We've had this discussion multiple times during this week, so I already know what she's going to say.

"It's already August and if we want our album to drop in November, we really need to work every day we can. There's no discussion. I'm coming."

The fact that she is so committed to this album makes me smile back, and I stop arguing. She is right though, we still have a lot of work to do before the release date.

The cab drops us in front of the studio, so we quickly get inside to start another day of rewriting lyrics, recording ad-lips and reviewing what we have.

When we take our lunch break, Jade leaves to pick Jed up from the airport as the rest of us go down to a little coffee shop.

"I can't believe how Jade copes with the distance between her and Jed. I would die if I couldn't see Andre for months." Leigh says as we sit down.

"Yeah, Jade is so strong for not letting it affect her like that. I'm always impressed about that tiny girl's strength."

I just sit at the side and don't interfere with the conversation because I feel like Jade told me about her troubles in trust and I shouldn't share it without her consent.

It surprises me, though, that all of us can't read Jade like that. She's always the one to notice when something is wrong with us, but she remains a mystery to us.

My phone starts ringing and Alex' name pops up. Thankful for the distraction from the conversation, I pick up and walk to a slightly more private part of the room.

"Hey, baby, what's up?"

"Are you coming to my place tonight? I haven't seen you in a week, and I thought we could maybe enjoy dinner together and you could stay over."

As I said, I've mostly been with Jade for the last week. Alex and I called and texted, but I haven't seen him yet.

"Of course, I'll come to your place when we're done in the studio."

"Great, see you then. I love you."

"Love you."

When I return to the table, Leigh and Jes are done eating, so we head back to the studio. We decide not to wait for Jade and just finish some little things.

About half an hour later, the door opens and in steps Jade.

Jade isn't the only one to walk into the room, though. Right behind her, she drags Jed in. "Is it okay if Jed stays here until we're done?" The brunette asks shyly. "Of course." Jes and Leigh answer in sync.

Jade squeals overly excited and pushes Jed down on the couch before walking to us.

Seeing the brunette this happy lightens up my day too. It's heartwarming to see her all excited with slightly flushed cheeks and that twinkle in her eyes.