Chapter 5

Perrie's POV:

"PERRIE!" Someone shrieks in my ear. My body jolts up in shock at the loud noise and I tumble off the couch. Two arms quickly pull me up and then I finally see Jade in front of me.

"Oh my god, Pez. Woman Like Me is trending!" I hear her words, but they don't process in my mind. I guess I'm still half asleep.

The brunette starts shaking my shoulders. "Pez? Did you hear me? IT'S TRENDING!" Her words finally come through and my eyes widen.

"For real?" I ask in disbelieve. Every song we release still comes with a lot of stress. We want people to like it and especially with this album, it's impossible to know what to expect.

Our music has developed a lot since Glory Days, so to hear that our single is doing well feels really good.

Jade nods her head frantically and her brown eyes are twinkling. Her lips are showing a bright smile and there's a slight blush on her cheeks. She looks so beautiful right now.

No.

I shake my head a little like shaking of the thoughts and hug Jade close. "Oh my god." I breathe in her hair. "That's amazing."

The older Geordie tries to pull away, but I hold her a little longer, enjoying her smell and warmth. The last few months have been good for us. Jade hadn't seen Jed since august and since I was single now, it was logical for the two of us to hang out while Leigh and Jesy were with their boyfriends.

We have grown almost as close as in the beginning, and I absolutely love it. Jesy had warned me that I should watch out, but up until now, I found it easy to control my feelings.

The brunette never did anything that made me doubt her feelings for me, so that made it easier. I was always sure she didn't see me as more than a friend.

I knew from the beginning that Jade was a very touchy person, so even the high amount of physical contact couldn't phase me.

Suddenly, I feel a light tug at my arm and I realize Jade is still wrapped in my arms, so I let her go. "I'm sorry for waking you from your nap, but this was more important." She says as she smiles.

"I'm not sure if I can forgive you. You do know I really love my sleep." I decide to tease. As soon as I finish my sentence, Jade has a pout on her face.

"I'll make it up to you." She says while she starts softly poking my sides. I start tapping my chin in thought.

"If you make me a snack, maybe I'll reconsider." The brunette shrieks and runs to my kitchen.

I walk behind her shaking my head laughing. "Maybe I just need to take your key back, so you can't storm in whenever you please."

Jade turns around from the open fridge and glares at me. "Don't even think about it, Edwards. I need to have a key for emergencies."

I raise my eyebrow. "Was this an emergency?"

"Well, du-uh." The brown-eyed woman says, rolling her eyes.

She turns back to the fridge and just then, my phone starts ringing. "Hey, Jes!"

"DID YOU HEAR?!" Jesy yells, causing me to hold my phone away from my ear.

"No need to yell like that, woman," I say, but my attention quickly drifts from the conversation when Jade leans over to get something out of a low drawer.

My eyes land on her perfectly shaped backside and I exhale loudly. I want to stop myself, but I also really don't want to stop looking.

My staring is cut short when Jade suddenly turns around. Luckily for me, she's focused on the stuff in her hands instead of me. My face must be so red right now.