Chapter 16

Perrie's POV:

When I open my eyes, I stare straight into brown ones. "Wake up, babe, we've made breakfast," Jesy says softly.

Usually, the word breakfast would have me up and running to the kitchen. But I've only slept for about two hours because my mind wouldn't shut up after my conversation with Jade. On top of that, I'm slightly hungover thanks to my heavy wine drinking.

"Give me five minutes." Jes trails her hand through my blonde locks before nodding and walking out of the room.

As if on cue, my thoughts come storming back in. What should I do now? How should I act towards Jade? I have no idea. Aside from the fact that she's in love with me, she's having trouble eating because of it. The guilt has been eating me alive. I never wanted her to treat herself badly because of me.

I also don't know how Jade will act towards me. Is she going to keep her distance, or will she show me clearly that she is in love with me? Do I trust her enough to show her that I still love her too? Is it worth taking the risk?

There are too many questions in my head, so I decide to get up and join the girls in the kitchen.

"Morning," I mumble as I walk towards the coffee machine. "Morning, Pez." Jes and Leigh say in unison. Jade is going for keeping her distance then.

I sit down and down half of my coffee in one take, praying that it'll wake me up. When I finally look around the table for the first time since I came in, Jade slightly pushes a full plate my way.

"Thank you," I mumble before looking up into her deep brown eyes. They hold a lot of insecurity. But for some reason, they look so beautiful right now. "No problem, Pez."

The brunette can't seem to keep my gaze because she quickly looks back down at her plate and starts toying with her food.

Leigh is giving us a knowing look from the other side of the table and when I look at Jesy, she also seems to know what's going on. I know that they won't meddle in this and they would never pressure me to do anything, but it still feels like they are really hoping that I give Jade a chance.

"I'll drive you guys home after breakfast so you can get some more sleep before our performance tomorrow," Leigh suggests sweetly.

"I already have a ride." Jesy answers and I see Jade wiggling her eyebrows at Jesy. We all know she's probably talking about some hot, single guy she met. I'm happy for her though, she deserves a good guy.

"You can drop Jade and me off at my place," I say after a second, earning me surprised looks from all three of them. My eyes are only focused on Jade, though, and she sits a little straighter and smiles a little brighter at my words.

God, she is so cute.

After breakfast, we all get dressed and Jade and I jump into Leigh's car. "Please don't kill us," Jade mumbles from the backseat. Leigh scoffs in return and turns around. "I HAVE IMPROVED!"

We chuckle as she drives out of her parking spot. "I'm just messing with ya," Jade says, smiling at me through the rearview mirror.

Five minutes later, we arrive at my place and both me and Jade get out of the car. Jade has gone silent all of a sudden, clearly scared of what I'm going to tell her.

When we walk in and over to the couch, she speaks up worriedly. "Is this you letting me down slowly, or you giving me a chance?"

"Patience, my dear," I say and wink. "We just need to talk about some things. Don't worry, I'm not going to break your heart."

Jade's tense body visibly relaxes at my words and she sits down on the couch, leaving no space between our legs. I softly smile down at our legs and then look up to catch Jade doing the same.