Chapter 25

Jade's POV:

She's late.

Perrie is never late. We had plans to have dinner tonight, but the blonde was already half an hour late.

Since we left the meeting yesterday, I haven't heard from her even though I texted her a few times to check if she was okay. I thought she was just busy with her mom. But right now, I'm starting to doubt my line of thought.

Of course, I made the mistake earlier of checking the hashtag little mix and every tweet was about Perrie and me. There were a lot of positive reactions to us, but unfortunately, there were also a lot of people hating on us.

I didn't react to anything because that would just make it worse, but I really hoped Perrie hadn't done the same. With how she reacted to the vandalism yesterday, I don't want to know what she'll do if she reads multiple reactions with hateful words towards her.

Getting sick of the waiting, I dial Jesy's number, hoping that she'll know what's up with Perrie.

The brunette picks up at the second ring. "Hey, babe, what's up?"

"Hi, Jes, I was just wondering if you've heard from Perrie?" The worry is evident in my voice by now.

"Uhm, we called last night after her mom left. She sounded good. Her mom really managed to calm her down. Why?"

Hearing that the blonde felt better after talking to her mom, makes a huge weight fall from my shoulders. "We were supposed to meet 45 minutes ago and she's not answering my calls, but I'll just keep trying."

Jes hums in thought. "I have no idea where she can be, but I'll let you know if I hear from her."

"Thanks, Jes." I end the call and instantly start calling Perrie again. She must already have like fifteen missed calls from me, but I don't even care.

After five more calls with no answer, I give up and slump down onto my couch. Where can Perrie be?

Twenty minutes later, I'm pacing around my apartment anxiously. Everything inside me is screaming to go look for the blonde, but what if she comes here then and I'm not here? Just then, my phone vibrates on the table.

I lunge forward to grab my phone, but my face falls when I see that it's a text from Jesy asking if she has turned up yet.

That's it, Jesy can go looking for Pez while I stay here. Seconds after I send my reply to Jesy, she has already ok'd my idea and tells me she'll go to the blonde's flat first.

I feel slightly relieved that finally, someone is actively looking for her, but I really can't shake the feeling that something bad has happened to her.

Five minutes later, a persistent knocking echoes through my apartment. "I'm coming!" My yelling doesn't seem to satisfy the person at the other side of my door because the knocking just continues.

I open the door to a dishevelled looking Perrie. "Oh my god, Pez. I was so worried about you!" My hands wrap around the blonde's wrists to pull her inside, causing her to stumble and fall into my arms.

The smell of alcohol invades my nose at her closeness. I push Perrie away from me so I can look into her bloodshot, unfocused eyes.

The blonde sends me a lopsided grin. "Hey, Jadey." She's slurring her words like crazy making my eyebrows shoot up even more.

"What happened to you? Why are you drunk?" The blonde playfully taps my nose before stumbling some more.

"I'm not drunk. You are!" I roll my eyes at the woman standing in front of me and lead her to my couch. "Sit down. I'll get you some water."