Chapter 13

Perrie's POV:

The last week had been a great way to spend my week off and I really felt like I would be able to face Jade without breaking down now.

Alex and I were able to really bond again and it felt amazing. From the moment we met, we immediately grew close and became great friends before we started dating. I always felt like I could go to him for everything and I didn't want to lose him after our breakup.

Luckily for me, he felt the same and he told me he was already over me and had his eye on another girl. When I didn't even get a little jealous, I realized I might have never loved Alex in the right way to be a couple.

Now that we were both on the same page, we could talk about everything again and he listened to me vent about Jade while I listened to his football and family talk.

At the end of the week, I honestly found it hard to say goodbye. With him permanently in Manchester and me in London, we wouldn't see much of each other and it kind of made me sad.

But my sadness went flying out the door when I saw Jesy again. We didn't talk for the whole week, so we started catching up immediately while in the car on our way to the jingle bell ball.

I am usually really nervous about these events. But I am talking with Jesy about other things, so I barely register what is about to happen. The stress comes flooding in when we walk inside the dressing room, though.

--

We are ready to start performing in five minutes and I have barely had the chance to talk to Jade. I don't want to give her the impression that I'm avoiding her because I'm really not, but it was just so hectic that I didn't even have the time to say hello.

Suddenly I feel a warm body behind me and a soft breath hits my neck. "You look breathtaking, Pez." Oh god, that voice. I never realized before how sexy Jade can sound when she wants to.

No, Perrie. Stay strong.

"You look great too," I answer before I take my position for the opening scene of our set.

When we perform, Jade really turns into another version of herself. She gets so excited and lets out all of her energy and today is no exception. If you ask me, she is even outdoing herself tonight.

The girl is really glowing. This must be Jed's influence. He must be the reason she feels like this.

Of course, that hurts me deep down, but I can't help the smile that plays on my lips just because she looks so damn cute when she's all excited like this.

The whole show goes almost perfect and the crowd is amazing. We get into the dressing room and I head straight for the shower. I'm always like this after shows. I immediately need my shower, or otherwise, I feel dirty.

In the shower, my thoughts get the best of me, though. Jade did really look happier than ever. One week with Jed and she is already glowing like this. I can't imagine how happy she would be if he lived here permanently.

She deserves it though, she is the kindest and most caring person I have ever met. She hasn't been like that towards me for a while, though.

My mind starts racing at that last thought. She hasn't been the Jade I love for a long time now. Well, I mean, I still love her. She's just not the person I fell in love with.

Just as I'm thinking that two hands wrap around my stomach and a warm body is pressed to my backside. "Hi babe, I've missed you."

My whole body stiffens and it feels like I forgot how to breathe. How the hell is this happening? Why is she doing this?