Chapter 8

Perrie's POV:

RIIINNGGGGG

Groaning, I scramble out of bed. I put on my silky bathrobe and run my hand through my hair while walking to the door of my apartment.

Who the hell comes here so early? And who even rings the bell? Everyone I know is aware of the spare key under my doormat.

When I open the door, my mouth falls open and I quickly comb my hair a little bit more with my hand. "Jade?"

The brunette is standing in front of my door with her head hanging down. "Can I come in?" She mumbles without lifting her head up.

I step aside to let her pass and follow her every move with my gaze. She was literally the last person I would expect standing in front of me. After last night, I was pretty sure we wouldn't be talking for a long time. But here she was, walking over to my couch.

I sit down on the couch, leaving as much space between us as possible and I can see her visibly gulp before she looks up at me. She has dark bags under her eyes, signalling that she didn't get much sleep last night.

"I want to apologize." The brunette begins. "I shouldn't have said those things. I-"

"Shouldn't you apologize for kissing me in the first place?" I ask, a little agitated. She had yet again ignored my feelings for her completely just so she could have some fun.

"I won't do that. I am not going to apologize for something I don't regret." She states simply, making my mouth fall open. I was ready to answer her, but she put her finger on my lips.

"Please hear me out first." The only thing I could do was nod my head slightly against her finger.

"I'm sorry for saying those things. I could clearly see the hurt in your eyes and the last thing I want to do is hurt you, Pez. I'm just not a lesbian, okay?" She says confidently.

"I never said that I was a lesbian." I shoot back and she turns her head in confusion. "So you're bi?"

"I don't have to put a label on myself, Jade. I just fall in love with people based on their personality, not on their gender." I answer, irritated. "Do you have any idea how hypocrite you are being?"

She narrows her eyes at me, trying to threaten me with her gaze. "What?"

"You are so big on standing up for the LGBTQ+ community. You're their biggest supporter inside Little Mix, but the possibility of being in love with a girl disgusts you. It's fine unless it happens to you, right?"

Jade looks at me shocked and all the anger leaves her eyes. Now my favourite brown orbs are filled with fear and confusion. "I'm not disgusted. ... I'm just scared."

I quickly grab her hand when I see tears forming in her eyes. "Why?"

"Because you make me feel and do things I have never done before. I don't know what that means." She says, fighting back her tears.

"It doesn't have to mean anything. Maybe you just have to let yourself feel everything without holding back. Maybe then, you'll find out that it's just because we have a special bond and nothing else has to happen." I take a deep breath. "I'm in love with you now, but I can fall out of love. I'll be fine, no matter what."

Just then, the door to my bedroom opens and Alex steps out in just his underwear. He looks up and his eyes widen when he sees Jade. "I'll be in the kitchen." He mumbles and quickly walks away.

When I look back into Jade's eyes, they are filled with a fire I have never seen before. "Is that your way of falling out of love with me?" she growls. "By fucking your ex-boyfriend right after making out with me?"