Chapter 04 || Friend Circle

It was already eight, when Jiah woke up today. That was a mistake. She should've slept earlier last night instead of stealing time from her schedule to complete the Netflix series that she was apparently trying to cover desperately since last two months. And now that she finally did it, it was of no use. Half asleep till 3 am, she doesn't remember the dialogues or the main plot, for why those two died and why they struggled for so many episodes if they just had to die.

But all of those frustrating questions weigh nothing when compared to the adrenaline pulsating through her veins at the thought of being late on her first day as her boss's new secretary. Oh right, Namjoon dropped the bomb at her after a meeting which she was a part of too, saying he saw how cunning and impressive her personality is, and so she needs an upgrade. It being the job of CEO Park's personal secretary.

Jiah almost had a heart attack, working right under that quote-unquote arrogant man who not to mention fires his employees like changing underwears, haunted her deep inside.

"He doesn't have horns on him, Jiah. He would never lose assets. So don't worry, just work for it." The branch president had said, making the girl smile weakly and nod in response. "Great! I hope you can start from tomorrow? He doesn't have a secretary right now and it's kinda messed up."

"Sure," Jiah hated herself for saying that. But then said is said. So she takes a deep breath, standing outside the office of the one and only Park Jimin, the man that inspired and charmed her when she first saw him on the cover of Entice. However things are changing now; perception is changing.

"Come in," is the response to her knocking. She pushes the door open, sighing softly at the sight of the man standing with his weight on one leg as his hip is attached to the edge of the table for support while his eyes are boaring into some documents in his hands.

"Good morning, sir." Jiah bows.

"Morning, Miss Jiah." He nods, keeping the black file away and faces her completely. His hands shove inside the pockets of his deep blue pants that is paired with the white dress shirt and a deep blue coat over it. Missing on him is the tie from his neck, instead the top few buttons are left undone as he adjusts the collar a bit.

"Don't you think you should've reached here before me, miss Jiah? I'm sure our branch president told you about your new post and package, didn't he?"

"Ah yes sir, he did. I'm sorry for being late."

"I'm hoping it's the last time this happened." Jiah nods quickly, relieved for a moment on knowing he's not firing her. Jimin sighs, pointing at the shelf on the right side of the spacious office, "Anyway, open the third drawer."

"Yes sir," Jiah hurries over to the dark brown, wooden shelf, pulling out the third drawer as the boss just mentioned. However her expression changes on seeing a collection of neck ties and bows. For a second she's wishing he won't tell her to make him wear that like those cringy cliché k-drama CEOs do.

"Get one and come here."

With that one sentence Jiah is certain that he's indeed nothing but that cringy and cliché k-drama CEO. Moreover it's possible that he might be trying to copy them, which is quite fair for him as he's handsome, in fact more handsome than half of those make-up laden actors, he is the CEO, and Jiah is his secretary. Of course it's fair for him, but not for Jiah.

So suppressing the urge to shove the tie in his freaking handsome face, she puts a smile on, taking a look at his deep blue and white attire and picks a similar neck tie that goes well the suit. Jimin watches her with his tilted at an angle, while she's busy arranging the rest of the ties back in place before closing the drawer.