Chapter 19 || A Day Off

"Where is Jiah? It's almost time for the seminar to begin," Jimin glares at the manager, who seemed to be sure that Jiah will show up in a few minutes. It has been an hour now.

"She must be on—"

"Go and get her," Jimin orders, straightening his coat as he stands up from his chair, heading out of his office to the conference hall where an important meeting is about to start. A bunch of thoughts, mainly from the last evening, circle Jimin's mind, making him wonder if she was mad at him and didn't want to come to work under him anymore.

He regretted not answering her last night, but he wasn't in the state to talk anything out and wanted to wait until today. Sitting in the bathtub, a glass of wine in his hand, he promised that he would sort things out and apologize to her in person, especially since he had the audacity to decline her call. He knows Jiah can be tough, a bit dramatic, and so him not instantly picking up the call would've drove her mad if she wasn't already. But she's not the only one who needed time.

He felt out of place when Jungkook arrived and Jiah had to attend him, leaving Jimin alone to wait like a dumb person. It was embarrassing for him to have his date interrupted and Jiah to be laughing at something Jungkook said outside. She shouldn't have done that. He would've appreciated better if she just told Jungkook to fuck off, or maybe if she let Jimin handle the man.

He wasn't happy with all that to say the least, and that could be the reason Jimin didn't feel like talking to her last night, even though he knew that he might be overreacting. And now she's not here in the office when he needs his secretary. Just fucking great!

"Jimin, hey," Namjoon approaches him with a smile.

"Hyung," Jimin smiles back, "Uh did you see Jiah yesterday?"

"No, I was out of town this weekend," The elder replies, scrunching up his face as they take their seats and Namjoon picks up a glass of water that was placed in front of him. He takes a sip, humming as he remembers about the message he got in the morning, "Yeah but, I did get a text from her. She's not coming today,"

"What, why?" Jimin frowns, suddenly more conscious of his behaviour from the previous day.

"She said she wasn't feeling well," He shrugs, "I thought she told you, considering how close you two have been this past week,"

"Uh yeah, it's just..." Jimin clears his throat, "I couldn't check my phone. She probably left a message. Anyway, what happened to her exactly?"

"She didn't really say anything clearly. But I think probably a fever or something. The weather's changing, so,"

"Yes... Yeah, right," Jimin nods to himself, cursing under his breath for being such an asshole and not talking to her in the night itself. Maybe she called because she needed some help? She is sick and has Jihun to take care of, she probably needed a hand last night, but Park Jimin was healing his ego that she hurt accidentally. "Fuck..." He mutters to himself, drinking some water and takes a deep breath, making a mental note to visit her once he's done with this seminar.

More people join in, which includes the board of directors, investors, chartered accountants, marketing officers and even ambassadors like Kim Taehyung. His presence is known as most men stand up to greet him, and so Jimin has to follow too with Namjoon, as Taehyung stops by him, giving a polite smile, shaking hands with him.

Jimin maintains his cool, gesturing towards the seat that has been empty for Taehyung, while also letting his men know that they can all sit down. Jimin nods for the vice president to start with the seminar as he sits back. "Mr Park," Taehyung's low voice hushes out in a moment, not hiding how he was looking around seemingly trying to locate someone. "Where's Jiah?" Of course.