Chapter 10 || Step Brother?!

"Miss Jiah," Jimin calls again, his voice hinting the irritation his face is hiding behind a straight expression.

But the girl isn't bothered by the firm tone of her boss and continues texting on her phone with a frown creasing her brows together and lips muttering something that no one else other than her own self can hear. Jimin steps closer until he's most fairly towering over her and his shadow blocks the light from the office window that was earlier glowing up her skin at places.

Jiah looks up hastily, dropping her phone as she's startled and stares at Jimin with her mouth open, heaving out a shaky breath. Jimin stands straight, hands shoved the pockets of his pants and eyes staring back at her with a deep, hooded gaze, that only makes Jiah gulp in fear.

"What did I just say?" He questions, not moving an inch from where he stood, not even caring if Jiah felt uncomfortable in that position, having him standing right in front of her face as she never got the chance to stand up from the couch.

"Uh... uhm... About the meeting...?"

"Wrong," He leans down, loosening his tie, having his luring gaze, tempting Jiah in a way where she considers herself crazy for thinking that he actually looks hot when he's mad. But that doesn't justify the situation nor makes it any better for her when she's barely inches away from her boss's face. The man is staring deep into her soul and it's making her head spin.

"Try again," His voice is low and breath is warm, falling on her skin to make her shiver and curl into a ball if she could move. Words don't cone out of her mouth, but a tiny gasp does, when she feels Jimin pulling her to the edge of the couch with his hand resting on her waist.

"S-Sir... I-"

"Yes?" Jimin's eyes lower slowly, travelling to her lips. The pair of pink lips he noticed from day one thanks to Jiah's constant habit of biting her lower lip. He releases a soft sigh, reminding himself that he's not supposed to kiss. Not now at least.

He clears his throat, leaving her alone and pulls himself back, cursing at himself mentally for losing his mind over a silly thing. She might think of me as a creep! Well done Park Jimin! He groans internally and punches his handsome face in his head for scaring the girl who didn't hesitate slapping that motorcycle man that night. It might be his que now.

"I'm so-"

"I-I'm so sorry, sir," Jiah gulps, catching her breath as she stamds up quickly and bows to Jimin, "I'm really sorry sir,"

Jimin gulps thickly, staring at the girl with perplexed eyes as he still doesn't understand the reason she's apologizing after. He coughs awkwardly, taking a step back and holds up his hand, almost going to stop her but another voice is fast enough to interrupt him.

"Mr Park," A man is standing at the door, making Jimin flinch as he imagines the wide possibility of him seeing everything he just did with his secretary. Just fucking great! "My leave...?"

"What?" Jimin blinks a few times, gaining his composure and decides to nod, "For what? And who gave you the permission to come in?" He voices out, assuming the man didn't see anything as he turns to Jiah who sighs deeply, shaking her head, now making him realise that she was just trying to cover up so that the man won't think of anything absurd.

"I did, sir. Nobody responded..."

"Still you should wait," Jimin glares at him, "Now what do you want a leave for?"

"It's my sister's wedding, sir. I need to go back," He smiles a little, staring at the CEO with a hopeful expression while Jiah goes to his desk, grabbing an envelope and hands it to Jimin.