Chapter 24 || A Bigger Mess

<lower case intended. i'm sorry, i'm used to it now> also please understand that i'm busy and i can't update that often. but still i promise i'll try to be as frequent as i can! thank you guys for waiting for me and your love and support ❤️✨ ilysm!!!

___

when morning came and jimin opened his eyes, he had hoped for it be a lovely morning, maybe with a strong coffee sitting on the table, waiting for him, along with an appetizing smell of nice french toasts and scrambled eggs. he had expected jiah waking him with her beautiful smile, as what he dreamt at night, running her fingers through his hair and leaning for a sweet morning kiss. however reality is nowhere close to his imagination.

he woke up a pounding headache on a couch to a two-year-old wailing close to his ears. there sure was the fragrance of coffee in the air, but that didn't subside the crying baby near him. with a frown, he's now sitting up straight, staring at the little boy who's now quiet, sucking out milk from his sipper, sitting on the couch beside him, staring back intently with his dark, round eyes. jimin can now see that his eyes resemble closely to kim taehyung, the father.

"oh, mr. park, you're up," jiah makes her way towards him with with a brief smile and places a cup of coffee, a glass of water and a tablet on the table in front of him. "your head must be killing you, so take this pain killer. and uhm i made some coffee, if you—"

"thanks," he smiles back, "and i'm sorry for last night,"

jiah gives a small nod, tying up her hair into a bun and starts with her job of picking up jihun's toys. the toddler whines, extending his hand out for his favourite car, which jiah ignores. so he slips doen from couch, putting his cup on the table and snatches the car from her. "what?" jiah crosses her arms, staring at the two-year-old.

"ji' car," jihun huffs, hitting his mother's leg.

"so? who got it?"

"yoo'gi,"

"it was me, your mom. yoongi isn't doing shit for you,"

"jiah," jimin chokes on his coffee, staring at her wide eyes, "is that okay?"

"what?"

"cursing in front of your child?"

"oh, you don't know him. he curses more than me," jiah scoffs, getting another smack from her son, which makes her hiss and she glares at the little boy, taking a step towards him. jihun cackles mischievously, running away from her and jiah pretends to follow him slowly, having the baby laughing happily to the fact that he was outrunning his mother.

jimin watches them with a soft smile, which is when jihun runs towards him, climbing on the couch with his help and hides behind him. jiah gives up then, shaking her head as she chuckles to herself and hears her washing machine's long beep. "drink your milk," she tells her toddler before leaving him with jimin and goes to grab jimin's shirt from the washing machine, since she washed it early in the morning and it's even dried now, ready to be worn.

when she's returning with the white formal shirt, smelling like her fabric softener, rather than jimin's usual cologne, the doorbell rings. she sighs softly, going to take the door first, as jihun seems to be having a nice chat in his broken language with jimin. she opens the door and there's taehyung, smiling at her, holding a bag of what smells like sweets. jiah gulps nervously, glancing at the shirt in her hand, then back at taehyung's boxy grin.

"good morning," he says, entering the place beside her and hands her the brown paper bag, "i got doughnuts and chocolate croissants for jihun. where's he? is he sleeping?"

"uh uhm yeah, you should come later," she nods quickly, not wanting him to see jimin for she knows too well what will happen if he does. "thanks for this, i'll give it to him when he—"