Chapter 34 || Games

it's been a week to the day all the mess started. jiah has not particularly been good, but taehyung did keep his words of taking care of her and jihun. despite his manipulative behaviour the other day, which he hasn't repeated till now, since jiah kept in mind not to do anything to piss him off and risk her chances of having her son with her.

taehyung made sure since the first day that jiah knew that he wasn't kidding or playing around for the fun of it at any step taken by him, whether it was him being caring, taking up the responsibility of their son and jiah too like the man of the house, or spending most of his free time wth jihun like he wanted without bothering the mother much about it. he often praised her with 'good girl' for listening to him well, which honestly triggered jiah but there was nothing she could do about it.

she had thought taehyung would take away her phone or something, but he didn't. instead he repeated the same method from earlier, and made her block and delete the contacts of people whom she could try and complain. the first one being min yoongi. apparantly jiah had only got one message from him, before she blocked his number, telling her that his 'stubborn' parents want him back in daegu for another blind date that they set up for him. he didn't sound happy about it, rather pissed and annoyed by the constant reminders from his parents that he was getting old and if he still kept avoiding the topic of marriage, then he'd have difficulty finding a good girl for himself.

with that face and body, jiah doubts it's ever going to be a problem, but parents like to believe what they believe. anyway,  that was the last time jiah heard from him, and now she doesn't even know if he has returned or not. she assumes he's not here since he didn't raid her apartment yet, or else min yoongi on not getting a response from jiah, especially the way she has blocked him, would drive him crazy imagining incoherent stuff about how she can be hurt.

a week without stepping out of the house or talking to anyone makes her feel suffocated. caged to say the least. but seeing jihun in front of her eyes was far more important than her sharing her troubled life with anyone right now. it wasn't even a surprise when she woke up a few times at night, having nightmares that she lost jihun in a crowd of people, or she's surrounded by pitch darkness and she can't seem to find her son. those dreams were scary and mostly ended up in her falling asleep, hugging the toddler close to her chest.

taehyung stayed over a few nights as well. he would hold her and let her fall into dreamland in his arms, assuring that she was safe and jihun was right there with them. nothing worked, in fact his presence, especially at night when he laid right beside her, having her all vulnerable to him, made her even more anxious. with taehyung, jiah could only stay up, staring at the ceiling and jihun once in a while without moving too much.

it was just last night that she kept struggling to keep herself from crying because taehyung held her so close, hugging her from behind. his arms were wrapped around her in an oddly familiar manner, providing her with warmth of his body. she didn't realise when she fell asleep, but when she woke up, it was already eleven and panic swept the sleepiness away from her eyes with a message on her phone.

i'm taking jihun out today.
you can relax and get some time
for yourself too. you must be bored at
home the whole week. but remember, no
smart buisness okay? and don't worry, i'll
take care of jihun, feed him and i've also
taken extra diapers just in case. we'll be
back by evening. have fun, princess 💕

it's been an hour and jiah hasn't been able to sit still at one place. her body keeps sweating and hands clenching and unclenching on the edge of the counter where she's trying to have a sandwich. only trying.

did taehyung really have to do this?

ignoring her stomach churning in discomfort, jiah blinks her tears away, heading to her room and opens the closet, deciding that a little walk outside of this place might make her feel better. so, grabbing whatever clothes her hands find first, she dresses herself up quickly, letting her hair down, grabs her wallet and leaves the apartment as soon as possible.